Reply To: Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge Reply To: Participate in the March 2017 Member Challenge – Fingerpicking Challenge

Andrew
Keymaster

So I’m behind on feedback – as we had 10+ submission on the last day – waiting till the last minute, come on guys, lol joking! 😉

—-

jobyer – great job, keep up the good work!

kala_uke – Always amazing to see someone tackle #2 – it’s a toughie! You did very well! I would recommend to slow the tempo down a bit to focus on the timing and transitioning from one section to another.

argonite – very nice! My only suggestion is to watch the timing on that open G string – as it is a half note.

sebastian – fantastic, keep it up!

sifkek – very well played! Great job!

yukalele – Awesome job for your first time! I don’t believe you lol 🙂 It looked like the uke slipped once – this lesson may help to better stabilize it if you’ve noticed that’s an issue.

kktisk – Great playing!

4753173 – lovely! Similar to kala_uke, I would recommend to slow the tempo down a bit to focus on the timing and transitioning from one section to another.

hyzenthlay – Awesome! I would recommend to work on the B melody transitions. Try 1 or 2 bars at a time, work on getting the muscle memory down for the chord shapes and then practice putting it together 🙂

vissttoor – Very nice! Couple suggestions, watch your timing as some sections “speed up”. Also, I would try to fingerpick with a lighter attack. Give that a shot and see if it makes the uke sound “sweeter”.

mrfrimm – love the intro! You did awesome! I would suggest to correct the right hand wrist, as it looks like you pick/pluck from an awkward/bent angle. Check out this lesson for some tips on right hand form.

——–

Thanks again to all who participated! You guys rock!