Reply To: Participate in the July 2017 Member Challenge – Beginner Themed Challenge

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2017 Member Challenge – Beginner Themed Challenge Reply To: Participate in the July 2017 Member Challenge – Beginner Themed Challenge

Andrew
Keymaster

Chip – Phil gave great advice for you. Often times I see beginners try to tackle too much too soon, and really the trick is to break it down into sections. I’d like to challenge you with this advice. “Our First Song” is a much easier piece, I’d like to see you submit it for this month’s challenge. But, approach learning and practicing by breaking it into sections.

So for example the Riff is 4 bars in length and each bar contains the same rhythm: Eighth notes. Practice one bar at a time, when you can play it cleanly and perfectly in time, try the second bar. When you can do that cleanly and perfectly in time, try bars 1 through 2. When you can do that cleanly and perfectly in time, do bar 3 , then 4, then 3-4, then 1-4.

Continue throughout the rest of the piece with the same approach. With all that said, you’re doing a great job, keep it up 🙂

Connie – great job! Here’s a quick video for you 🙂

Tim – great playing Tim! Is that ukulele smaller than a soprano?

Lisa – that’s cool, I dig the swung Feel. I think it’s fine, it’s probably just the recording. Good job!