Reply To: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! Reply To: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Andrew
Keymaster

@biancak – Beautifully played 🙂

@leslieb
– Well done, Leslie! I have one tip to make your transitions more efficient. When you switch chords, for example going to F in bar 4, I noticed that your index finger goes down first then your middle finger. Try to place both down at the same time. Same thing goes for the G chord transition in bar 2, although you can make that one easier by omitting string 1 since that note is not needed (in other words, fret a G5: 023X).

@jedart
– Great singing and playing, Jed! This is a tough song to play with so many barre chords, the swung feel, and the fingerpicked sections. I thought you did excellent in all these areas! I would mainly focus your practicing on the transitions that you hesitated on. Loop these sections w/out the vocal then add it in.

Last thing I want to mention, see if you can get the chromatic walk-up intro to have more of a triplet rhythm. Check out this lesson for help with that rhythm.