Reply To: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! Reply To: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Andrew
Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 10 I hadn’t gotten to.

@mademoiselleannette
– Beautifully played πŸ™‚

@yukalele
– Excellent job! Timing was great throughout and I noticed your left hand form is much better. I remember we talked about that some months back. It’s really cool to see you making strides there especially on a song that’s so chord heavy like this one. Keep up the great work and thank you for the complement. I appreciate it and I enjoyed watching your performance πŸ™‚

Here’s everyone on page 11.

@kelsey91
– Your performance sounded great! And that’s awesome to hear about the teaching opportunity! Have fun with your class and I appreciate the referrals πŸ™‚

@concan
– beautiful performance! Melody sounded great, and very cool to see you using the new strum technique. In the first half of the song, it was a little hard to hear the strum. Make sure you’re hitting the top strings loud enough with the index finger. But in the second half of the song, I heard the strum perfectly.

@patparr
– That was awesome! And if I’m not mistaken, you’re the first one to tackle the solo! Very cool πŸ™‚

Playing was great! One thing I’d work on is transitions. There’s a few transitions which have some hesitation. So I’d listened back and target your practice in these spots. For example, the first one is bar 2 into 3. You can hear a little pause here.

I’d also recommend tackling 4 or 8 bar sections at a time and playing to a click to strengthen timing.

So this song was an old arrangement of mine and some of the voicings seem to be overly olympic. The first half of bar 12 is a good example. If you ever find part of an arrangement difficult to play, see if you can figure out a workaround that’s easier to play, like this:

null

Same thing goes for that 0272 G chord (what was I thinking LOL). It’s so much easier to just play the stock G: 0232.

And please share the GnR song here. More folks will be able to see it there πŸ™‚

@mark65536
– That was awesome! Extremely well played, but hey I still get to nitpick, right??? LOL. Double check the first two hits of Bar 9, should be an octave interval. Double check second and third melody notes in bar 10.

In bar 14, the 2nd and 3rd notes (2 to 0 on A) are played a little slow. Try to sing the vocal line to match the timing. The rest of the verse was excellent. I really loved how you played this section.

Lastly, the first half of the solo was spot on. Second half is where I’d put the practice time in. It’s almost there though!

Overall, I was very impressed. Really look forward to watching more of your performances, Mark!

@maryjanew
– Performance was lovely, MJ! Hope you had a great vacation πŸ™‚

@themccoys
– I think the hardest part of this arrangement is how you play it. Because the goal is to parlay the emotion of what the song is, which is a love song. And you did just that. Great flow and pace, great sustain, and great finesse. Very well done!

@cararozy
– I thought you did a great job! Lovely playing πŸ™‚

@omaon4
– Beautiful performance! Just target that one measure that was a little difficult and it’ll be perfect πŸ™‚

@sarahd
– Beautiful playing and yes you made it just in time πŸ™‚

@nelsonlin2021
– Great performance! Watch out for rushing the eighth notes in bar 2 and 6. Try playing along with me in the tab player with the metronome activated.

And I think you have a great suggestion. But in the long run, it’ll be better for you if you don’t have to rely on visual cues. I’d recommend purchasing a copy of Transcribe. You can try it out for 30 days for free.

Here’s the download link for Windows.
Here’s the download link for Mac.

This is an awesome program that is similar to the on-screen tab viewer on our site. Basically, it allows you to slow down and loop audio or video files. It even has a feature that tells you what notes and chords are played and surprisingly it’s very accurate!

You can drop the backing track into Transcribe, slow it down to whatever speed you need, and work on sections at a time. So what you want to do is play with Evan in our tab player. When you feel comfortable, switch to Transcribe and try without him.