Reply To: Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Reply To: Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Andrew
Keymaster

@ukealori – Great fingerpicking, Lori! From here, focus on increasing tempo. Try five or ten BPM faster and build it from there 🙂

@maryjanew
– Very cool to see you add the harmony, MJ! And I love the aesthetics of the video! Melody was great overall. A few rhythms were off, so I’d keep practicing with the tab player. You may also want to try counting the rhythms out loud as you play. That always helps.

@ccwuke
– Playing sounded great! Just fine tuning from here 🙂

P.S. Don’t forget to add the premium tag.

@riley_ukulele
– Yikes! Sorry to hear about your hand, but it sounds like it healed well! Performance was great and I love the rhythm change you added in the breakdown.

@madhuri
– Beautiful playing, bravo 👏

@akukes73
– Ash, the squeaks are caused by not maintaining pressure on the note when pressing down (fretting). Try practicing at a slow pace to work on getting the note(s) to ring for the entire duration.

I thought your performance was great overall! All 4 melodies were wonderfully played.

@kdeacon7
– Great performance, Kelly! I’d recommend looping bar 6 and 12 (7 and 13 in the tab player) to work on tightening the rhythm. Also, when you go back to the A Melody, make sure to start at the top 😉