Reply To: Nov 8, 2022 – Live Lesson: 3 Things I Learned From Playing Ukulele For 10k Hours

Home Page Forums Monthly Live Lessons Nov 8, 2022 – Live Lesson: 3 Things I Learned From Playing Ukulele For 10k Hours Reply To: Nov 8, 2022 – Live Lesson: 3 Things I Learned From Playing Ukulele For 10k Hours

gi_gi_
Participant

That was a cool Ted Talk esp the part about the emotional loops you put yourself through.

Anyone who has taken the challenge to “master” anything knows it takes committment and follow through. Show up everyday, have fun and one day you could actually shock yourself ☺️😂.
I gotta agree that our emotions could sabotage us or aid us in the process. To me it’s not so much about mastery but being consistent, following through and enjoying the journey. If you don’t have the, “I give up” attitude you could accomplish so many great things for yourself.

One last thought: if “playing” the ukulele was all about strumming as fast as you can while playing 4 chords I would’ve quit a long time ago 😂😂😂🥴🥴🥴. So glad we have Rock Class 101 to help us learn so much more.