Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    debb1985

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This month I went with Etude 31. The Haunting melody really spoke to me. I wish I had a lot more time to practice it, but it has been a crazy busy month. Anyways…enjoy!

dermango
    Participant

I am a premium member.

So, here is Lacrimosa played by, well, me. Hope you like this.

akukes73
    Participant

@andrew – many thanks for the feedback, very helpful and much appreciated!

jody_hendrickson
    Participant

I am a premium member.

I started the month working on Lacrimosa- such a beautiful arrangement by Steven– but after two weeks, it was obvious I’d need much more time :). I then chose to go with Stranger Things, since I love the show, and this is such a fun arrangement of the theme by Andrew. About 70% was the best I could do without breaking down on “3 chord” bits too much.

I’m loving listening to everyone’s submissions, such great work by all, thank you.
    Best,
    Jody

ccwuke
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Andrew. Forgot to add – I am a Premium Member!

jbmills07
    Participant

@debb1985 You played that beautifully! And fittingly haunting! 🙂

@dermango
    Well done!

@The_Bumble_Bard
    You did a wonderful job on Lacrimosa! Bravo! Sadly Ziggy didn’t join me for the final performance, however I do plan to upload in the “showcase your playing” area of the forums a take i got of me playing the song through with Ziggy on my shoulders! lol, so if your interested, keep an eye out for that!
    I was going to perform this song for a resident who I have worked with for years. In fact he has seen the very beginning of me learning ukulele. He loved classical music, and on the day I brought my low g into work to perform Lacrimosa for him, I learned that he passed away, unexpectedly, the night before. Kinda blew me away. He was the one that taught me Lacrimosa means “tears”. Some of his belongings were donated to my department; recreation, and on top of a stack of VHS’s, in a giant crate, was Lacrimosa. So I just wanted to dedicated this to Tony, and my Grandfather, both lovers of classical music, and especially Mozart. And I wish I could play this for them

annemarie
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

robinboyd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This month, work was insanely busy, so I decided to do something I had learned before. I was hoping to play it better than I had in the past, but unfortunately, I jammed my right index finger in the car door on Tuesday, and I had to adjust my technique significantly to play it at all, and even that’s a bit painful, so I didn’t practice as much as I would have liked, and it has issues. I’m just glad that I was able to submit anything at all, though.

tim0721
    Participant

I’m a Premium Member

Lots of great talent here. Well done to all who have submitted.

@jbmills07
    – Fantastic performance. Tough act to follow.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, thank you kindly! Lacrimosa put every skill I did and (mostly) didn’t have to the test this month. That’s such a touching story, man. 🥺 I’m sure they’re watching from above and would approve greatly of that beautiful performance! Ha, I will watch for that! 😅

@robinboyd
    , sorry about your hand, yeesh! You did a very lovely job despite that!

Everyone’s takes were amazing! So fun to follow along, see all the performances, and critiques! Happy All Hallows Eve everyone! 🎃🧡

jody_hendrickson
    Participant

@jbmills07 Thanks for sharing the story about your learning and performing Lacrimosa. I’m sorry you didn’t get to play for Tony, he would have loved it. The whole bittersweet story came through a second time in your performance. Very moving…thank you.

digbybare
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Didn’t have nearly as much time to practice as I would’ve liked, so the tempo is pretty slow. Even still, it’s rough, with a lot of stumbling on the rhythm, especially on the syncopated strums. Hopefully next month will be better!

A few months in at this point, and the hardest part for me with–not just this song, but playing in general–is just holding the uke and moving around the fretboard while standing. I recorded this while sitting down to get around that problem. 😝

smudge
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER (and devoted fan!!)

This is my first time playing with a backing track which was a new challenge for me! Thanks for the lesson!!

lbilkie
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I don’t have a cat 😉 but here’s my Lacrimosa. I love this arrangement and will continue to work on it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here are the rest of the folks on page 8 that I hadn’t gotten to.

@ldarrow
    – Beautifully played and I love the cameo with your dog 🙂

@lynnzo
    – Fantastic playing! Only thing I’d recommend is to loop bar 6 (7 in the tab player) to work on tightening the rhythm.

@just-in
    – All 4 were beautifully played and very impressive speed on the last melody!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.