Welcome Our New Ukulele Instructor, Tobias!

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Welcome Our New Ukulele Instructor, Tobias!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi guys! I’m super thrilled to have Tobias onboard as he is an excellent musician and instructor!

Tobias has studied with some of the greatest players, including James Hill and Kimo Hussey. His playing has been featured in videos from The Ukulele Site and HI*Sessions. Expect to see lessons focusing around new playing styles and musical genres.

To kick-off his first lesson, he’ll be teaching you an original composition titled, “Out in the North”. This fingerstyle piece has one of the catchiest melodies I’ve ever heard! (click here for the lesson)

Let’s give him a warm welcome! And if you have any questions for him, please feel free to ask away 🙂

jinajupiter
    Participant

Welcome on aboard Tobias. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

nthibode
    Participant

Welcome to the RC 101 team, Tobias! Looking forward to learning with you.

andyrose
    Participant

Hi Tobias – Loved your song and I’m looking forward to learning it!

johanna2509
    Participant

Welcome Tobias! That original is sooo beautiful, looking forward to more originals/new techniques/lessons.

becky7777
    Participant

Welcome Tobias!

Looking forward to giving Out in the North a shot. Hopefully I don’t murder it completely lol.

lisadmh
    Participant

Welcome Tobias! Great first song here.

robinboyd
    Participant

Welcome Tobias. I’m stoked to learn your piece at some point.

robinboyd
    Participant

Welcome Tobias. I’m stoked to learn your piece at some point.

richo_uke
    Participant

Welcome Tobias,

this was a great first piece of music that I like a lot. I’m looking forward to hear and see more of you.
    Kind regards your neighbor from Germany

Rici

lisamcc
    Participant

Welcome Tobias! Wow – what a beautiful piece of music! I’ve started to learn it this morning and I’m loving your lesson. Thank you

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Welcome Tobias! Thank you for joining us. Ditto Lisa’s comment about your beautiful piece of music.

ukukelley1
    Participant

Thank you Tobias for the wonderful music and lesson, and thank you Andrew for engaging such a wonderful musician to add to the great learning opportunities on your site!

Tobias, a special thanks for the “Out in the North” song. I first heard you play it in a video from another Andrew – posted on The Ukulele Site, with the amazing Oahu scenery on your hike and recording session. The melody stayed with me for days, and I so wished I could figure out how to play it myself. And now I can learn it.

I absolutely love this song — and it is already becoming the soundtrack for my ‘staying at home’ time as we follow the guidance to wait out the virus.

More playing and practice time is a pretty great silver lining.

Stay well, all.

Sheryl

nproost
    Participant

I had Tobias sign one of my ukuleles at a performance ! Amazing talent on the ukulele!

smokealot
    Participant

Suddenly Tobias is all over youtube…
    I found this beautiful meditation by him

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.