Gear for electric uke?

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Gear for electric uke?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    andyrose
    Participant

I’ve been inspired by @bethany_guardiani’s performance of Smoke on the Water (in the May Challenge) to get a solid-body electric uke myself. Probably the same Flight Pathfinder model she played. Looking for recommendations on the equipment needed to go with it, such as audio interface, amp, speakers, whatever. Thanks!

Andrew
    Keymaster

I have the old model of this amp and pretty much everyone I know uses it for their acoustic setup/gigs. It’s awesome, affordable, and its got reverb and chorus built in!

bethany_guardiani
    Participant

@andyrose that’s incredible!! I highly recommend it! I probably would not be the best at giving amp advice so I’ll leave that to the people who actually know things about music haha….and it looks like @Andrew has already given a good recommendation!
    As for the audio recording – I use a set up that works directly with my camera and allows me to record my audio and video together, but I do also have an audio interface that I like and would recommend as a beginner friendly and pretty widely known option. It’s the FocusRight Scarlett series – there are several models. I have the third generation 2i2 which allows for 2 inputs and is compatible with my iPad & GarageBand iOS which is what I use, but there are other models with more or less inputs.

ukandrea
    Participant

@andyrose I also use a FocusRight Scarlett: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07QR6Z1JB/
    I am very happy with it.
    It came together with the software Ableton Live 10 Lite.

I record the video with iPhone12mini, record the sound with the Ukulele plucked into the FocusRight Scarlett, that records into the Ableton Live software on my iMac.
    Then I export the audio file from Ableton.

In iMovie I import the audio file and the iPhone video and replace the iPhone’s audio line with the one from the Ableton export.

When I play the non-electric Uke I have the same setup but pluck in a condensation microphone into the Scarlett instead. I use this one: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B089SX1DX2/

I hope this helps,
    Andrea

andyrose
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew, @bethany_guardiani, and @ukandrea for the tips!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.