Greetings from British Columbia

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Greetings from British Columbia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    grannieannie
    Participant

They say you should learn something new as you get older, to keep the synapses firing, so I decided two months ago to get a ukulele. I grew up playing the piano but haven’t played any instrument since. I joined a strumming group in my village, where people go for the fun social aspect, and that’s great, but when I happened upon one of your videos, I realized there’s so much more to the ukulele than strumming and singing. So I decided to become a member here, and I’m really glad I found this group. Your instruction videos are clear and professional, you touch on so many details, and once I get my bearings I look forward to exploring even more of your offerings. I’ve developed a greater appreciation for musicians who play stringed instruments and a new understanding that the uke is a respected instrument unto itself. I’ll even overcome my hesitation and enter your next monthly challenge. Thanks!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome Annie! Thank you so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it! Def hope you join us for next month’s challenge 🙂

leb397
    Participant

@grannieannie love your “name”. Welcome. We are a friendly bunch and at all different levels of play. Everyone is so encouraging especially Andrew. Glad you found us. Look forward to seeing and hearing your entries. Remember we were all beginners at one time Louisa (also a grandma) 😁

grannieannie
    Participant

Thank you! I am so impressed with the quality of the instruction here and now I’m discovering it’s a friendly bunch too!

ldarrow
    Participant

Welcome @grannieannie . At first I hesitated to join the monthly challenges, but they truly help you improve. An so many helpful comments and encouragement. I hope you take on next months challenge and many more after that. This is a very friendly community

grannieannie
    Participant

Thanks for the encouragement – this seems like a really positive bunch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.