Finding a lesson

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Finding a lesson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    seattlesteve68
    Participant

I am (nearly) brand new, but LOVING the possibilities here. I feel a little stupid in navigating and finding things. For example, I see on youtube Matt teaching the etude lesson similar to Lean on Me, but I can’t find that in RockClass101. How? Where?

Is there a date sort for lessons? Or an instructor sort?

Thanks!

Steve

jody_hendrickson
    Participant

Hi @seattlesteve68-

Greetings from a fellow Seattle-ite.

Is this the lesson you are looking for?

Double Stops – ML013

I found it through the link in the Friday newsletter. I usually use the search box on the “Ukelele Songs” page, but you need to know at least some of the words in the song title. There is also a menu on that page to sort by category (level and type of music). Having said that, I could not find this lesson using the search function by title or mini-lesson number, so maybe there is a glitch. Generally, I can always find what I’m looking for by searching some part of the title.

Best,
    Jody

seattlesteve68
    Participant

Thanks, Jody. I finally found it when I spelled doublestop as two words. haha Now on the tough part . . . learning the darned song!

Steve

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Steve, that lesson is part of our “Mini Lessons” Series. You can access Mini Lessons by clicking “Ukulele Songs” or “Concept Lessons” in the main menu. Next, click “Mini Lessons” in the blue banner at the top of the page:

Click the image to enlarge it.

When searching for tunes on the site, each series has its own content. For ex, if you’re looking for a “Mini Lesson”, you’ll have to use the search bar on the “Mini Lesson” page. If you use the search bar on the “Ukulele Songs” page, it will not give you a result for “Mini Lessons.” The only way to get around this is to click any lesson on the site and use the search bar on the right-hand side of the lesson page. That search bar searches the entire site.

Here’s a video showing this. If I search “ML013” on the “Ukulele Songs” page, I get no results. But if I click a lesson, such as the first one on the “Ukulele Songs” page (“12th Street Rag”), I can use the search bar there to find “ML013.”

I’d also recommend watching the second video on this page. It’ll give you a complete overview on how to navigate the site: https://rockclass101.com/learning-paths/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.