Howdy from snowy Flagstaff, Arizona!

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Howdy from snowy Flagstaff, Arizona!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    norikoma56

Greetings everyone!
    My name is Nori. I am from Japan originally, and now I live here in Arizona and make chocolates. I am a complete beginner on ukulele.
    I love playing a guitar, but I never got passed playing-good-old-chords stage.
    My boss just gifted this beautiful handmade wooden ukulele to my 5 year old daughter….and when I first held this instrument I immediately fell in love! It was surreal and magical, that I couldn’t stop playing even though I don’t know anything about ukulele. I have been wanting to learn music theory and all the good stuff so I can teach my kids anyways…the timing feels too perfect for me to learn!
    I am very excited to join the community of musicians from all over the world.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Glad you found us, Nori 🙂

I’d recommend starting with our Beginner’s Course. Let me know if you have any questions on the lessons. Always happy to help!

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi Nori. There must be a great story behind moving from Japan to Arizona to make chocolates!

norikoma56

Thank you!!!!
    I’m about half way through the beginner course but now I am at the barre chords so I will take my time:)
    Yippeee it’s so fun!!

gi_gi_
    Participant

@norikoma56 I understand your immediate love of the uke. I felt the same way. Started with the guitar and left it behind within days of picking up the uke. I love picking it up, practicing it, playing it, learning it. It’s an amazing instrument and the people who play it are so nice 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.