New Ukes (and baritone question)

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear New Ukes (and baritone question)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I got some birthday and Christmas money this month and I bought SOME new babies!

Ohana O’Nina Sopranisimo (Name: Ruth, in honor of her honor RBG)
    Kala KA-BEM Baritone (Name: Lilith, as in the demon)

They are so pretty and it’s my first time ordering from Uke Republic.

My new dilemma though, I was planning to switch out the strings on the baritone, but I really like the sound and feel as it is. However, I don’t know what to do with a real baritone. Thoughts?

The unboxing…

becky7777
    Participant

Do we get any kind of deals from uke republic as premium members? I forgot and can’t find the video that made me ask you anymore…
    Love that song btw 😁 I’m the weirdo that sings it badly in the grocery store getting looks from everyone when it comes on. I noticed if you catch the grumpy ones eye then dance a bit too they run off quickly. 😉 (people are too uptight sometimes lol!)

Congrats though! Those tiny ones are so cute, beautiful green. I’m still trying to decide if I should get a spruce tiny tenor, or the oscar schmidt spalted mango uke to have a nice instrument that plays like a dream and isn’t trying to kill me…

I did a quick google of baritone uke tutorials and it looks like you could jump right into learning the new chord fingerings. Brettboy has one, he played Moon on it, so i’m guessing you can play anything on it, maybe take something not too difficult, you know and play it using the new chord shapes till you’re used to it? (ignore my advice though. I’m going off his video and what he said in the post.)

Seriously though congratulations on your new goodies! 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

Congrats on the new friends. They’re both beautiful. The little guy is adorable. What an adventure with new fingering on the bari. Have fun!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.