Travelling with a wooden Instrument

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Travelling with a wooden Instrument

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    anirbaf
    Participant

@sir_anzalot “bundrein” would be translated to a perfect intonation (:

(just for fun: there’s no such thing as an instrument with perfect intonation, that’s because of the tempered tuning system that is used in western music, and if you tried to tune it to a just intonation which would be somewhat like the harmonics, then you’d end up getting sharper and sharper the higher you go which is sooo interesting for all the music nerds out there if you want to look it up (: )

lisamcc
    Participant

I’ve only compared them with aquila strings and another brand (but I can’t remember what… but it was named – a luthier put them on my concert – they were as thick as telephone cables – I couldn’t wait to get those off) Living water strings added about £200 to the sound of my tenor. I love them – but I’ve not tried too many other ones. One of my uke buddies loves the worth browns too… as well as the living water.

sir_anzalot
    Participant

Maybe I wasn’t too accurate then @anirbaf 😉
    What I meant was that the further I went up on the neck of my old soprano, the more off it would sound regardless of accuracy in fretting. Up until now I thought that is what the term “bundrein” refers to, But thanks anyway for the translation.

I did order the Worth Browns just before your Reply @lisamcc mostly because I am eager to find out about the difference between them and the Clears which I use on my other Ukes. I will keep the living Water Strings in mind for the next sets I’ll test though, the added Value point of your argument does seem rather convincing.

Thanks Guys!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.