Reply To: Nov 8, 2022 – Live Lesson: 3 Things I Learned From Playing Ukulele For 10k Hours

Home Page Forums Monthly Live Lessons Nov 8, 2022 – Live Lesson: 3 Things I Learned From Playing Ukulele For 10k Hours Reply To: Nov 8, 2022 – Live Lesson: 3 Things I Learned From Playing Ukulele For 10k Hours

smokealot
Participant

One last thought: if “playing” the ukulele was all about strumming as fast as you can while playing 4 chords I would’ve quit a long time ago 😂😂😂🥴🥴🥴. So glad we have Rock Class 101 to help us learn so much more.

So true. He spent 20 hours strumming 4 chords. If we divide the techniques one can do on the ukulele and think of them as seperate skills to learn one gets to do a lot of 20 hour workouts. At least that is how I picture it. It kind of picks up on another live lesson episode where Matt talked about this learning curve an how at first you are super thrilled until you quickly realize how little you actually know. (Loved the story about the burgler who used lemon juice to make himself invisible).
I just started learning Taimanes tremolo technique – will probably take me more than 20 hours to “master” it 🙂