Participate in the April 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($4,500)

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($4,500)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    clempek
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER :

hey everybody !
    it’s my participation with daft funk. I know it’s messy and it could use more work but for once I don’t really enjoy playing this song… I hope to do better in the next challenge 😉

bonne journée !

lyndallk
    Participant

Just had a perusal through the submissions. So many in and such good choices and playing. I do appreciate this community so much.

So, a little late on 21st April – I started playing “The Aching Waltz!” What is wrong with me? There’s less than 10 days! But I can’t go past gypsy jazz. So I tried learning everything like Andrew suggests. Ain’t gonna happen. I might get a handle on the lead. Not both lead and rhythm. The hardest bit I reckon is the little solo bit in the rhythm. And then its learning the whole thing off by heart. Why didn’t I start three weeks ago? I’ve spent two days, so too late to change tunes… Hopefully I’ll get a submission in.

ccwuke
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

Had some fun with Punk 182 this month.

Chris

anyon1
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

I’ve enjoyed the entries so far! I worked on Punk-182 this month. I’m getting more used to playing the electric ukulele, but I’m still struggling with using a pick, so I decided to leave that for another month…

I’m a premium member.

–Adriana

grannieannie
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER . . .

. . . and posting my first entry in a challenge. Thanks, Andrew, for making one of the choices suitable for beginners. I made a couple of fingering changes where a passage just sounded goofy with the low G, and of course there are a couple of wobbles, but I made it through the piece. Looking forward to the new challenges, but I’ll continue going back to this one until I can do it at 100%.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by grannieannie.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by grannieannie.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Andrew.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@clempek – I thought you did an excellent job, Clem! Timing and rhythm playing were spot on and you nailed the feel of the piece. Well done! 👏

@ccwuke
    – That rocked Chris! Just shared it on our socials 🙂

@anyon1
    – Well done Adriana! You were locked in tight with the band, great groove! Double check the second chord you strum (G5), something sounded a little off there. Everything else was rockin’, keep up the great work!

@grannieannie
    – Beautifully played, Annie! It sounds lovely on the low G, and good job adapting the D chord bar to fit that tuning. Timing was great, and your fingerpicking form is perfect. Keep up the excellent work!

marianne
    Participant

Lovely submissions everyone!
    Here’s the gorgeous The Aching Waltz by Adrian Holovaty. Thanks you Adrian and RC101 for such a fun instrumental.

This was quite a challenge, more so because of the fact that I’ve chosen to play it on a low G and that a lot gets done at the very end of the fretboard while I am capoing on fret 5. I have had to change some things up to make it work especially where the hand hits the uke’s body, but I’m very happy to have picked it. Some parts still need a lot of practice/cleaning up but I am traveling, so I decided to post now.

suekulele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is Fingerpicking Etude #13. Enjoyed this one a lot!

shmu88
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi guys!

Here’s my attempt at Daft Funk, speed & precision is definitely a struggle on this one…

Cheers!

rgillof
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I chose Punk-182 for this month’s challenge. A fun tune, especially with the backing track. Thanks for the help on this Andrew. And as usual, it is fun to listen to everyone’s performances.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@marianne – That was incredible Marianne! I will def send it to Adrian, he’s gonna love it! 🙂

@suekulele
    – Beautifully played, Sue! I love the sounds of nature with it too, so peaceful! My only suggestion would be to practice the transition from fingerpicking out of the chords to jumping back up to the 10th fret. Try to smooth out that transition without any pauses.

@shmu88
    – Timing, feel, and groove were spot on Sam! You rocked it! 👏

@rgillof
    – Strumming is sounding much better now, Rich! If you feel any tension when strumming in your hand/arm/wrist, try to let go of it. The goal is to be as relaxed as possible. The rest of tune was solid, really well done!

marianne
    Participant

Thank you @Andrew!! 😀☺️

dianna
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Loved the selections this month it was really hard to decide….finally began focusing on 4/4 Waltz…quite mesmerizing……Still needs some work on maintaining legato throughout and consistant flow…

I’m enjoying everyone’s submissions. Thanks Andrew and Rock Class 101.

misterbones
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Of course I had to pick The Aching Waltz this month, as Gipsy Jazz belongs to my most favorite styles of music, and I love practicing and playing with a backing track, and we got the advance notice, which gave me some much needed extra time to practice the tune for this month 🙂
    Still wasn’t enough for me to get it clean at 100% speed, so I cheated and slowed it down to 90%.
    This is such a fun tune to learn and to play, and a real labor of love by everyone at RockClass 101. Thank you so much to everyone involved, Adrian for the lovely composition and the willingness to share it with the RC101 community and re-record it for us, Evan for the fantastic Uke arrangement, Andrew for the (as always) brillant tutorial and the ingenious rhythm/solo combination, and last not least Christopher for the competent contribution of the crucial bass part.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@dianna – Well done, Dianna! You played it with a beautiful feel, this has to be one of my fav performances from you 🙂

Sustain is sounding good! One suggestion: try not to stick your thumb out above the neck as much. Keeping it on the upper part of the neck will increase your reach/dexterity, especially with the tough stretch chords, like that first hit in bar 8.

@misterbones
    – Wow, Michael! Phenomenal performance, I will def be sharing this on our socials! And I will pass on your kind words to the team. I really appreciate it!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.