Hi, from Sydney, Australia

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hi, from Sydney, Australia

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    miztaken
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I have been playing for just over three years now, husband started me off with lessons (he is a guitarist of 43 years experience) so has been a real bonus. But I have felt limited this year with my playing, especially since husband bought me a Deering Goodtime banjolele for christmas – my picking is too limited to make that beauty sound as good as it should.
    I can strum – like a guitarist, I can teach myself how to play along to new songs, I can work out (some) rhythms – but when I saw the beautiful sound that Andrew makes, and his teaching technique, I knew this is what I wanted to achieve.
    And now I feel like I am at the beginning of my learning curve again (there is a lot of swearing involved!). And it is hard, but awesome.
    Miztaken.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome Miztaken! Thanks for the kind words and enjoy the new learning journey 🙂 I’m here if you need help.

lyndallk
    Participant

Hi Miztaken
    I’m also in Sydney! I enjoy Andrew’s site and have learned a lot – although not been active for a while – just starting up again.

Are you in a uke club? I find it really fun and helpful. I try and either lead a strum along or perform most months. Learned a lot that way. I also say – hi from Sydney.

Lyndall

miztaken
    Participant

Hi Lyndall! Nice to meet a neighbour!
    I go to a Sunday uke gathering at a local pub, but I really do not enjoy it much.
    I joined to “out myself” – play socially, but the one strum / sing-a-long at the top of your voice just frustrates me. NOT everyone should sing – and I am definitely one of those who SHOULD NOT sing… ever!
    I also struggle with all songs being transposed to simpler chords for the uke, and not played in the original key. I changed my uke to sound more like a guitar (changed the high G string to a low G string), and play to my music in the original key.
    I think Andrew’s lessons will get me where I want to go… somewhere with melodies and harmonies and awesome picking techniques (which I can then extend to my beautiful banjolele), and my awful singing shall only be heard deep within the confines of our basement music room (as it should).

lyndallk
    Participant

Well hi to you too. I understand! I also like these classes and I find performing in public helps me up my game when I don’t completely mess it up. The nice thing about my club (eastern subs) is there are both performances and strum alongs. I like the connection. And also sound my own thing. I also have a low G (used to play guitar) and other ukes too. Look forward to seeing your posts.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.