Ukulele bass

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Ukulele bass

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wavydavy101
    Participant

Hi can someone help?
    I’ve been playing the uke for about 8 years. I toyed with the idea of a bass but instead of a ubass I got an electric bass guitar. I really struggle as it’s massively heavy and due to my lack of skill it sounds like dirt due to harmonic resonance of the strings. I tried to mute but couldn’t. Does the bass ukulele have that problem, must you mute to make it sound clean? I love the sound of the bass but don’t like having to see a physio because of it :-). Any guidance is gratefully received.

Stephen

Hi wavydavy,
    The U-bass’s rubber strings sound a little bit more muted on their own, so the harmonic resonance will be a little less than the electric bass. However, due to the piezo pickup, there is a bit more string noise (clicky, scratchy sounds). This can be lessened with proper technique, but it is a bit of a learning curve. Soon I’ll be making a course that will address some of these issues. I hope this helps a bit! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,
    Stephen

wavydavy101
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I will trade in the bass and get a ukulele bass I think 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.