What Is Your Ukulele “Set List”?

Home Page Forums Uke Talk What Is Your Ukulele “Set List”?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Nice set, Robin. A Forest Stroll is just my style but my outdoor (beach) uke only has 12 frets. I would love to get Moon on my set list. I’ve never managed to memorize all the way through. I should try that one again.

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks guys. Sorry I haven’t been on here much lately. I just started a new job, and I’ve been a bit distracted.

Anyway @the_bumble_bard – yeah, I sing Creep. That’s one where I keep playing with how I play it, and never really settled on anything.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@robinboyd, quite understandable, friend!! If you ever get a chance, maybe you could share your current version of that here. 😊

gi_gi_
    Participant

What a great topic @TBB I have not taken the time to do this but I have wanted to.
    Instead of taking on September’s challenge I will work on this. So far I kinda categorized my songs as follows:

Spanish:

La Malagueña
    Valse Venezolano
    Cielito Lindo

Classical:

Etude #1
    Chopsticks
    Adelita
    A Fifth of Beethoven 🙂

Slow songs:

Moon river
    Crazy
    Zelda’s lullabye
    What a wonderful world
    Close to you
    Colors of the wind

Fast songs: (funk/rock. Etc)

Mini funk riff
    Misirlou
    Crossing hemispheres
    Europa

Beatles:

Yellow submarine
    Here comes the sun
    Yesterday

Now my goal is to get these songs back into my memory 🙂

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@gi_gi_, that is an amazing list! You sure do have some beefy songs on that list, wow, some real tricky ones. Very impressive indeed! 😊

A Fifth of Beethoven, that one is so crazy, such a cool, unique combo of funk and classical. I also really wanted a straight arrangement of that song too, Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony, because the little bits Evan played during it were so good. I love the mashup though. Did you post a video of you playing that one here at some point?

I love Malagueña and Crossing Hemispheres, too. I especially want to learn the second one.

Great list, though, thank you for sharing! It’s cool that you’re going to work on that this month. 😁

Also, I need to update my list. 😅

gi_gi_
    Participant

@TBB yes I have learned and posted most of those on this platform. thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.