5 string uke

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear 5 string uke

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stinyuke

Hi everyone

I’m looking for a new ukulele to add to my very small collection. My dream is a Kanile’a Tenor and the local store here has some in stock as well a 5 string Tenor by Kanile’a. That means there is a low G and a high G string togheter. After thinking a little bit about it I think this can be very exciting. Does anyone have experiences with a 5 string uke? Would you recomend it? Do you have to be an experienced player to play it? Thanks for sharing your thoughts! 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

I don’t think it would require an experienced player. I don’t have any direct experience, though. My only concern would be that you wouldn’t be able to play the melody on the G string (at least not easily), regardless of whether the melody was for low or high G. It would be great for strumming, though.

lisadmh
    Participant

I’m dying to get my hands on one. I tried an 8 string, which was cool but too much. The G on it was amazing though. I could play both my high and low G songs on it and the note was always there, with the other one to set it off. Everything sounded good on the G.

Nobody carries 5 string around here. I’d love to try before I buy.

Sorry, no first hand experience, but I’m following this thread.

timolnz
    Participant

I see Taimane Gardner plays a 5 string on lots of her you tube clips. She has contributed to RC101 and may answer questions on them. Tim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.