Ain't No Sunshine

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Ain't No Sunshine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    nthibode

Hi Andrew,

I’ve been working on this one since you posted it back in May. Love the song and the arrangement — I’ve really enjoyed learning it! Many thanks to you and the RC101 team for creating this (musical) work of art.

Bar 34 is my nemesis; it’s so hard to get those sixteenth notes to all ring out clear. If you have any advice for working on those quick successions I’ll take it. And any other feedback for improving the performance is welcome! Also, can you explain what you’re doing with your left hand in Bar 11 (and all others like it) — it seems like you do another slide (or release) after the first note but before the big slide down to the 9th fret.

Thanks,
    ~Nathalie

rickeymike
    Participant

Wow, Nat! You’ve been holding out on us. ha. I definitely see/hear the work you’ve put into this since May….wonderful.

Somehow, I missed this lesson…..probably because I passed over it because of the band accompaniment.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Well done!

nthibode

Awesome, thanks for all the feedback Andrew! Much appreciated. I’ll get to work on those exercises and cleaning up/adding accents to the song.

Thanks @rickeymike!

Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure! Keep up the great work 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

Wow, that was fantastic!

nthibode

Thanks @robinboyd! You should give it a try too if you haven’t already!

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi Natalie

That’s one of those songs that I’m not likely to attempt because I don’t think I can get enough variation in my voice through the “I know” bits. Tiffany feels the same way. It would be fun to play the uke part while someone else sings though.

nthibode

Ah yes, I understand. Hope you’re having fun learning Kemp’s Jig!

becky7777
    Participant

Nice Nathalie! Really well sung and played. You take charge being on camera like a pro too. So I guess I’m saying you have good video presence? Either way, you do. Good performance. 😁👍

I’ve had that song in my favs since it came out but I don’t sing, so it got put on indefinite hold until im ready for its lesson.

robinboyd
    Participant

I really should get on with learning Kemp’s Jig. I’m having too much fun practicing Zelda’s Lullaby and Blackbird.

nthibode

Too many great songs out there! 😉

lyndallk
    Participant

That is so beautiful Natalie. Both the uke playing with such feeling and your lovely voice. Gorgeous.

nthibode

Thank you for the compliment @lyndallk! A lot of time and practice went into that one.. And since Andrew gave me some useful tips I’ll be working on it even more :).

I’m a fan of your playing too. Looking forward to seeing the entries in this month’s challenge!

rickeymike
    Participant

Oct 17,2019

Hey Nat, hope you see this. I posted something on facebook that I wanted you to see. Are you on Facebook? You can find me as Rickey Brown from New Orleans. You’ll recognize my picture. If not contact me by email. I’m [email protected]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.