An Orig…

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing An Orig…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    rebeca
    Participant

@The_bumble_bard: I love your composition. In my opinion it suits the story perfectly well. πŸ™‚
    You have that kind of divergente thinhing, in your way of learning and aldo to express yourself, that leads you to take what you learn and use it in your own and unique way. That’s the Best skill in artistic fields.
    Thank you for sharing!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@rebeca, thank you so much for saying that! That honestly is very touching that you say that. Thank you. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­ Divergent thinking works pretty well with creative things but not so much with every day life things or, say, relationships. πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… Not always, anyway. To me that is the most exciting thing about creating anything is being able to explore what something could be, or convey a depth of feeling, or write deranged stories about classical composers turning into frogs. πŸ˜‚ For some reason, I find that idea hilarious, to think about historical figures in odd situations like that, like Bill Shakespeare going through a Taco Bell drive-thru–which I wrote a poem about once. πŸ˜‚ Anyway, thank you so much!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Heeeellllooo!

I shared this on my YouTubes (plural) channel about a week ago and now that my family has seen it, time to share it with my uke friends here. πŸ˜‚

This relates to this “orig” because a section of that is this song, repurposed. This video includes two more repurposing-s of the original song, Sonata No. 8 by Beethoven (AKA “Pathetique,” the uke arr. I did of that). The repurposings are a clawhammer version and a triplet picking version.

That’s the most convoluted explanation ever, hopefully that made sense. πŸ˜‚

This is the kind of thing I think I want to keep doing as I learn uke, is repurposing and trying to reimagine different songs I love.

Anyway, hope you like it! I had too much fun with video editing. It could be trouble now that I have a way to do that … πŸ˜‚

leb397
    Participant

@TBB you truly have a talent for seeing the music. I mean you see the possibilities a classical piece can have. Really like the claw hammer and triplets. What fun. Glad you feel so comfortable to share. You add a big part to this site because of your open and fun – unobstructed nature. I know you will say how shy you are to share but it allows all of use to feel we can do it too, in the smallest of ways.
    So what app are you using to record? Nicely done πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, thank you so much, my friend! I kind of wanted to cry when I read that, it’s just so nice of you to say all that. πŸ˜‚ That makes me so happy if me sharing encourages you and others to share as well. I think that’s so meaningful if you have a place to share your creative struggles and triumphs without fear of judgment. That’s very special indeed. You have encouraged me a lot and it’s lovely how you do that for other people, too. So, thank you. 😊

I’m very happy that you liked the variations, too! To me it’s very exciting to try things like that and try to push the boundaries of what a song can be (within my current skill set). πŸ˜… RC101 definitely does that with their arrangements, which is very inspiring.

I actually record with the basic “Camera” app that comes with Windows, a USB mic and a USB webcam. Then I edited the video with ClipChamp which is a free program that also comes with Windows, but they just added that program maybe a week or two ago. Before that I used “Photos” to edit my videos (which is why they were barely edited). πŸ˜‚ I also edit the sound with a different program that I acquired (but I can’t think of what it’s called, lol). Thank you again for the lovely comment and sorry for rambling as I do! πŸ˜…

jbmills07
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard haha I would be honored to voice your stories πŸ™‚

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, haha sweet! Thank you for that. I’ll keep you posted on how that project progresses. πŸ˜‚

jbmills07
    Participant

lol. So I thought I responded to this a while back, but then when i revisted the thread I didn’t see it, so I wrote another response, which… took me to page TWO, where my first response was… and I am feeling rather dumb… lol

@The_Bumble_Bard
    I will totally read your story! I would be honored πŸ™‚ lol. Also, its always fun listening to Matt read your questions, never gets old and I consider it a highlight of the lessons. πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by jbmills07.
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, haha!! That seems like something I would do, no worries at all. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… I am still honored that you would read it. πŸ˜… That’s so flippin’ nice that you say that about the live lessons, it’s pretty obvious that I love those lessons and the interactions I have with Matt and Andrew and all my friendos here, even though it’s in many ways parasocial. I have so much fun writing those replies, tryna be funny while still contributing something relevant, so that means a lot that you say that, thank you. 😊 I don’t remember if you said that part the first time. πŸ˜‚

I’ve sadly been having some health issues the past few weeks so I haven’t progressed much on this but rest assured it will happen. πŸ˜… I already have multiple visuals in mind for the book. πŸ˜…

jbmills07
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard I am really sorry to hear about your health issues! I hope you are on the mend! Also, I look forward to seeing the visuals you come up with! lol. Also, can I just say I am absolutely loving the Studio Ghibli theme going on right now with the new lessons! I really want to learn the Spirited Away one, but man is it challenging! Have you tackled them at all yet?

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, thank you so much! Hmmm, I wouldn’t say I’m fully on the mend, but hoping I can get there. Ha, I need to just draw one out so you can get an idea of what it’ll be like. πŸ˜‚ I haven’t tried playing any of them yet, but really looking forward to it! I don’t really know anime at all, but those songs are very beautiful. I actually still have to record the challenge song for this month. I know it pretty well, hopefully I won’t have too many issues with the backing track (I will). πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

jbmills07
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard I would highly recommend you seek out and watch Spirited Away! I would recommend any of the films from that studio, but Spirited Away is a great place to start, as it’s most people’s favorite and many people’s introduction to anime. They are magical movies that are overflowing with heart. Can’t recommend them enough!
    Also, I also haven’t done this month challenge! I’ve been too side tracked with the new lessons lol. Not sure I will be posting a challenge this month, unless I end up practicing one of the songs this weekend. Lol. I might try haunted uke because it seems the easiest of the picks and maybe it will be doable with limited time.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, I’ll defs have to look for that one, then, since you recommend it so highly! I did see My Neighbor Totoro when I was a kid and I remember being creeped out by the main creature. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… I’m also scared of slothes though, so I’m not a normal gauge of such things. I’ll give that one you recommend a watch though! 😊

Haha, well, you also already won a Kanile’a so I suppose you don’t necessarily need another one. πŸ˜… Not that that should stop you from joining the challenges, obvs. πŸ˜‚ Your entries are always lovely to watch because you play with a lot of feeling and skill of course. I hope I can pull together a decent entry at least.

jbmills07
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard Haha I hope you do give it a chance! If you do, let me know what you think of it once you’ve watched it! I could see Totoro being scary as a kid lol. Spirited Away has a couple freaky moments as well, but overall it’s very family friendly. A lot of studio Ghibli films have this feeling to them of a time when movies could be truly magical and wondrous and scary and moving and for all ages all at once. Like the age of The Neverending story and Labyrinth and such. But also, the animation and music is just truly fantastic.

Funny you mention that about already having the kanile’a cause I was thinking the same thing. I bowed out of the last couple months, but I wasn’t sure how much longer I should bow out lol.
    Also, thank you so much for the kind words about my performances! I get pretty self conscious about them. I always feel like I’m just at the very edge of not being able to perform the songs at all lol πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by jbmills07.
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@jbmills07, I definitely will give that one a chance! I wonder if it’s on Amazon Prime because that’s the only streaming platform I have. πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ That is interesting. I don’t know how old that movie is, but if it’s around the ’90’s or early 2000’s that’s pretty on brand for that time period–Those who grew up watching the movies from the Disney Renaissance (i.e., the OG animated Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and even before that with Bambi and Snow White) those who grew up watching those movies know that sometimes sea witches meet untimely ends and villains fall off cliffs. πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel like it’s not as much like that now with animated movies. I am intrigued, I will let you know what I think when I watch it! πŸ˜…

I don’t think you have to bow out of the challenges! You could always just ask to be omitted from the prize drawing. I’ve done that a bunch of times, especially after winning the electric uke. I have wondered if anyone has won more than once. Haha aww no, well, I understand how you feel about that for sure but it doesn’t show at all if that makes you feel better! πŸ˜‚ Straight up, there are songs that I’ve clearly stumbled my way through, as I will this month probably, but it’s awesome to try things that are, well, challenging! πŸ˜‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.