An Orig…

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing An Orig…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

…inal. πŸ˜…

This is a little tune I came up with. When trying to come up with a funny title for it, I spiraled and I wrote a weird story that goes with song. The spiral isn’t done though because now I feel like I have to modify the song to fit the story and also illustrate it. We’ll see how many of those things actually happen… πŸ˜‚

Anyway, here ’tis: https://youtu.be/o7lLiu6BmUE?si=kXRkHcC1wDyAhq5X

Thank you for listening! 😊

gi_gi_
    Participant

That is great @TBB. Love it. You play so beautifully. Now I’m curious about the story πŸ™‚

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@gi_gi_, thank you so much, my friend! I really appreciate that so much!! πŸ˜πŸ’•

The first half of the song is an original tune I came up with, and the second half is the arrangement of Pathetique I figured out, played slightly differently–all blended together. I may still add to this.

Here is the story. It exists because the title I thought of was, “That Time Beethoven Turnt Into A Frog, Then Turnt Back Into A Human, But Not All The Way”. πŸ˜‚ Then it popped into my head that that is a story that should exist and kind of describes what the song is. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

Here is the story:

Way back in the day, back in 1876, around the time that Beethoven lived (because I guess this had to take place in a year he was alive to involve him), during his happier days (well, maybe his only happy day, poor guy), anyway, sorry about this sentence, one day he was taking a nice, pleasant stroll in the park when all of sudds a scraggly, wizened little man jumped out of the bushes in front of him, cutting him off.

“Dazs HΓ€agen?” Beethoven said in German.

“Sir, would you like to buy a watch?” Said the apparent park imp.

“A watch? What’s that? Those don’t exist yet, because it’s the year 1876, a year I’m definitely alive during,” Beethoven replied with historical accuracy.

“Oh never mind! Let’s skip the pretence and flimflamery!” The little dirty man flapped his hands magically, then a cloud of green smoke erupted out of his palms into Beethoven’s sternum, causing him to fall backwards onto his tookus.

“Ah!” Shouted Beethoven, spooked.

Before old Beets knew it, his skin began to turn a bright lime green and he began to shrink, for in that moment, the disgusting, smelly, covert wizard had turnt him into a frog!

“Buuuuuurup,” cried Beethoven.

The park wizard cackled, then twirlt away in a cloud of magical purple smoke into another dimension.

“Please, sir! Come back! I didn’t choose this!” Beets objected in Frog.

Many years flew by. At first, ol’ Beets struggled emotionally with being a frog, but after a while he kind of got used to it. Then, he got so he depended on it. He was kind of scared to be a human again. He continued to compose Sonatas and such, writing the music on lily pads and playing them on a makeshift piano composed of reeds, but the music was a little different somehow, slightly off.

One day when he was chewing on part of a fly, Beethoppin’ felt something strange, like a weird tingle in his spongy feet. Then, he noticed a faint line of lime green smoke coming out of each of his toes.

“Yes?” Beets said literally for no reason, other than startled confusion.

Before our friendly neighborhood Beets knew it, the smoke spread to his entire frog person and he began to grow, his arms, legs, and bod. Until he was human-sized again, but something was a little off, still. Though human-sized again with his pre-frogian hair and countenance, his legs and arms still were shaped like a frog’s. Also, he was completely naked, as frogs technically are.

“Enh, oh well. I have to go fix these weird Sonatas I wrote as a frog, they’re not very good.”

This was the song he wrote during this experience. Turns out, he salvaged part of it, the second half, and turnt it into what is known at Sonata No. 8.

I found the sheet music for this pressed between the pages of an antique copy of Gulliver’s Travels, which was written during the time Beethoven lived.

Thanks for listening and reading this crazy, true, and accurate story!

gi_gi_
    Participant

I can’t breath I’m laughing so hard πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

ldarrow
    Participant

Isn’t it interesting how the same music evokes different things in people. I listened to this earlier in the day without reading your title or hearing the story. I closed my eyes and listened. For me, I would have called it β€˜A Day in the Forest’. In places I imagined morning dew dripping from the leaves of ferns, in other places looking at huge trees, night falling and getting lost, then finding my way and seeing streams of the light from sunrise making its way through branches. Was nice listening and getting taken β€˜away’ by the music. Thanks for sharing.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@gi_gi_, hahaha!!! I’m so happy you found it funny! πŸ˜… I can’t tell you how much fun I have writing dumb, nonsensical things like that. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜… That’s one of my favorite things to do. That’s why I like writing ridiculous posts for the live lessons and things, as well, while also trying not to be too disruptive, πŸ˜… because Matt and Andrew are such a great teachers with a lot of great material to share.

@ldarrow
    , that’s so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing that; I really love how you describe that, very lovely phrasing, and it’s so nice that this song caused you to imagine those things. I almost like that more than my silly story. πŸ˜… I love that about music, too; just how it draws emotions and images out of different people in different ways. For me, when I play something like Beethoven’s music or any song I find beautiful, I think about the person who created it and their experiences, or I get swept up in imagining what the person playing it feels when they play it. With Beethoven, I think sometimes about the struggles he had with losing his hearing, as a brilliant composer, and the cruel injustice of that and the devastation he must have felt, but from that, he still created such overwhelmingly beautiful things; in my eyes, the music expresses that conflict, the mixture of sorrow, joy, and beauty that life brings us all. Also, frogs. πŸ˜‚

dianna
    Participant

Frogs!πŸ˜‚β€¦β€¦and music….and original compositions….beautiful,funny and magical at the same time.β™₯️

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@dianna, hahaha, thank you so much, friend!! πŸ˜…πŸ’• That really means a lot. I hope that I can keep adding more depth and complexity to these arrangements and songs, but really it’s just for the fun and ridiculousness of it. πŸ˜… That definitely isn’t the strangest thing I’ve written. πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸΈ

janaq1
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard, you are a very creative person and you can play in such a nice calming way! I really like the jazzy feel at the beginning. Thanks for sharing.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@janaq1, thank you very much!! 😁 I really appreciate your kind words. I have maybe too many hobbies and interests, but playing uke has become one of my favorites. It’s always so fun to find a new way to create. 😊

I remember you posted one of your original uke songs here a while ago and it was really, really good. I may want to go give that another listen. πŸ˜…

mark1256
    Participant

Love it!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@mark1256, thank you so much!! 😁

leb397
    Participant

@tbb you have a wild range of talents. Love your expression. Your story has a life. I hope you continue. Made me smile too. Great fun!
    Louisa

jbmills07
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard thank you for sharing this! I thought the song was good, and then I started reading your story and it just got better and better lol. Out of curiosity, have you considered doing any writing? Maybe you already have? I like your writing style and humor you inject, even in things as simple as a question you’re asking for a live lesson. On the side I recording voice over work, like audiobooks and such, and your style of writing would be so fun to bring to life!
    -Justin

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, thank you so much, my friend!! πŸ˜πŸ’• hahaha, that makes me so happy when that kind of goofy writing amuses other people or makes them smile. πŸ˜… I have too many hobbies. I feel blessed that I was given a love for creating in different ways. I will keep at it! Thank you! 😁

@jbmills07
    , hahaha! Thank you, I saw your YouTube comment as well! Thank you for that. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… Ha, now the song needs to be modified to match the story, like I mentioned, and I have some fun ideas for that, I think. πŸ˜‚ Thank you so much for liking my writing, that really means a lot! I know I can get carried away with writing, but I feel like Matt and Andrew appreciate the silly side to the live lesson comments; I can’t tell you how many times I died laughing at Matt’s reactions especially, especially with the “fiesty mama buffalo” and Daniel Day-Lewis and the root beer and uke personification. πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ But yes, I have wanted to do something with writing because I think of myself more as a writer than anything else. I started to create a blog called The Bumble Bard, but it isn’t public yet, but maybe I should finish that. Oh my, perhaps I could use your voiceover talents at some point soon, if you’d be willing and it actually relates to this story. I wanted to create a video / children’s book version of this story with the uke as the music. πŸ˜‚ Maybe you could read the story? The drawings don’t exist yet, nor a condensed version of the story, but I want to do that. Literal nonsense. Sorry I rambled so much, thank you for the lovely comment! 😊

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.