August 13, 2022 – Live Lesson: 3 Levels of Fingerstyle Complexity

Home Page Forums Monthly Live Lessons August 13, 2022 – Live Lesson: 3 Levels of Fingerstyle Complexity

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Live Stream: Saturday, August 13th at 12:00pm EST (check your local time zone)

Hey guys, we are back with Live Lesson EP045! This month’s topic is: 3 Levels of Fingerstyle Complexity!

3 levels of complexity playing “Kids” by indie rock band MGMT! Learn how to transform a simple chord melody into intricate fingerstyle playing.

This month’s topic should stir up some great questions! So please post all you have below and I hope you guys join us for the live stream. 🙂

LIVE LESSONS FAQ:

Q: What happens in a live lesson, how long is it, and when does it occur?

A: Live lessons are usually 30-45 minutes in length, but can extend until all questions are answered. The first 20 minutes will comprise of the lesson, while the next 10-25 minutes will be a Q&A session for premium members.

Live lessons take place every second Tuesday of the month at 3:00pm EST (check your local time zone).

Q: Can I submit questions beforehand?

A: Absolutely! Basic and premium members are welcome to post questions that are related to the topic in THIS thread.

Q: Who can watch the live stream, how do I watch it, and how do I chat with Matt and other members?

A: Premium members will be able to tune in and watch the livestream. Premium members will also be able to chat live with Matt during the broadcast.

To watch the live stream, simply navigate to the Live Lessons Page. You will see a YouTube video embedded on the page (if you don’t see it, double check that you are logged in).

If you do not wish to participate in the live chat, you can stay on the page and watch the embedded video. If you do wish to participate in the live chat, you will need to sign up for a YouTube account (100% FREE).

To participate in the live chat, click on the embedded YouTube video’s title. This will open up a new tab and take you directly to the video on YouTube’s website. The live chat box can be found to the right of the video (on desktop). For mobile and tablet, the live chat is embedded inside the video and can be turned on or off.

For further clarification, here is a video showing how to do the above (for desktop).

Q: I can’t make the broadcast. When will live streams be released publicly?

A: The live lesson will be released for everyone to view on Monday following the broadcast (third Monday of the month). If you cannot make the broadcast, no worries; you’ll still be able to watch the lesson. Don’t forget that you can submit questions for Matt to answer beforehand (see the above FAQ).

Andrew
    Keymaster

P.S. Our fingerstyle arrangement of this song will be out in September!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.