Aura Lee re-arranged

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Aura Lee re-arranged

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    morrieuke1
    Participant

Hello!
    I am a music educator in Buffalo NY, and I have a ukulele club. The students are all at different abilities. Andrew’s arr of Aura Lee was perfect for my most advanced students, but way to hard for my beginner students. (my students are grades 4-6) So I arranged it into three parts. Melody (more advanced) Chords (simpler) and U-Bass (we have a school orchestra, so a few students play this part on up-right bass)
    It seems to be working pretty well-if you have a group, with mixed ability, this arr may work for you! Other educators, group leaders…please share your ideas I would be interested in seeing what you do as well.
    Thank you!
    Mike

Andrew
    Keymaster

That’s awesome, Mike! And thanks for educating our youth 🙂

richo_uke
    Participant

Hello Morrieuke1,

thank you for sharing your PDF. As I’m more to a beginner than to intermediate I gave it a try at once and found it pretty good for me. But I don’t understand the very last notes.
    There are 2 F chords and you have written:
    1 next 819

I have no idea how to play this 819 and even if it would be a typing mistake 1 instead of 7 – to my ear this sounds strange. Could you please explain with easy words how to play as I’m no native speaker.

Thank you and have a great weekend.
    Rici

morrieuke1
    Participant

Hi Rici, sorry, I’m just seeing this post.
    On the final F(1) chord, barre your first finger across the C, E, and A strings on the fifth fret. Then add your pinky to the A string eighth fret. Or, you could always just strum an open F chord.
    Glad you like the song and arrangement!
    Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.