Can I still effectively play ukulele

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Can I still effectively play ukulele

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lululuca

Hi,

I’m fairly new to ukulele. I always worry to start playing a musical instrument because I can move my left-hand middle, ring finger and pinky due to an accident. Hence, I play the left-handed ukulele when I start playing the ukulele. Is there any tips for effectively do fingerstyle playing?

Thanks before

lisadmh
    Participant

Hi there. You Vann do a lot worth the thumb. Here’s Andrew’slesson on the thumb approach to picking. You can probably make a lot of a two fingered approach too. Some things might be harder but I think you can learn to do a lot on the uke with what you’ve got. You can do this! ☺

Style 1: Thumb Approach (FREE LESSON)

becky7777
    Participant

Actually there’s been at least 2 master class guitarists who chopped off a few of their fretting fingers and managed to be great. Tony Iommi, and Django Reinhardt are the ones I know about.

I can’t give you any tips but if they can do it on guitar I’d think you would have hope with ukulele. It is a matter of how determined you are to learn I would think? If you REALLY want to play don’t let it stop you!

Video of Django being amazing on the fretboard

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by becky7777.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

You def can! And Django is a great example of not letting anything stop you from playing. His playing is nothing short of brilliant!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.