Christmas Medley – fingerstyle ukulele :)

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Christmas Medley – fingerstyle ukulele :)

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    awiealissa
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I’ve been working on christmas songs since the beginning of november and I finally finished my christmas medley.

I haven’t arranged many songs yet, so I’d be grateful to get some feedback and advice πŸ™‚

I hope you all have a nice holiday season πŸ™‚

Alissa

rickeymike
    Participant

Simply fantastic, Alissa. I appreciate all the work you’ve put into it. Feliz Navidad!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow! Beautiful playing Alissa πŸ™‚ I’ve been looking forward to watching this! I think you are doing a tremendous job with your arranging. The best advice I can offer, and this is something I continually do, is to study the arrangements (and originals) of the artists you admire. In doing so, you’ll continually learn new ideas for your own writing.

For example, our newest lesson was adapted from my friend Dan Holloway’s arrangement. One thing I’ve been studying from his playing is how “natural” his flow is. It’s not ridged and 100% on time, like a computer playback. And that’s something I’ve been trying to work on in my playing.

awiealissa
    Participant

@rickeymikey
    Thank you very much! I’m very glad you like it πŸ™‚ Feliz navidad!

@Andrew

Wow, thank you! That makes me really proud. And thanks for the good advice, I’ll definitely try that out for my next arrangement and also, your tutorials really help me on my playing. I’m currently re-learning your arrangement of Frosty the snowman for the december member challenge πŸ™‚

leahwoosley

Fabulous!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Looking forward to watching it Alissa πŸ™‚

awiealissa
    Participant

@leahwoosley
    thank you very much! πŸ™‚

ukukelley1
    Participant

Very nice arrangements and playing Alissa! Thanks for sharing this with the group! Happy Holidays to you!
    Sheryl

benjamin
    Participant

Hi, Alissa, your Christmas medley is awesome. Just subscribed to your Youtube Channel and I am the 2,786th subscriber πŸ™‚
    Hope to see your submission at Member Challenge #10. We have a target of 50 but we are at 6 now πŸ™
    I will submit might soon, probably tonight πŸ™‚

awiealissa
    Participant

@ukukelley1
    Hey Sheryl, thank you very much! Happy holidays to you too πŸ™‚

@benjamin

Hey Benjamin, thank you very much for subscribing to my channel πŸ™‚ I’ll definitely take part in the member challenge #10. I’ve already learned Frosty the snowman and I’m working on the timing right now. Probably record it tonight or tomorrow. I’m very excited to hear your submission too πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.