Crazy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    richo_uke
    Participant

Hello guys,

I would love to play the song „Crazy“ but I struggle with some of the barre chords. Does anybody know substitutions for the difficult chords such as C#M7 where I have to bend my middle finger over two strings and grab single notes with the index and ringfinger.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Rici

Andrew
    Keymaster

Have you tried barring from 3rd string down (omit 4th)? That’s my go-to trick for simplifying barre chords.

richo_uke
    Participant

Hello Andrew, let me ask once again as I perhaps misunderstood you or you didn’t understand my question.
    I still can’t play the song because I struggle with those chords where my middle finger plays string 1+2, middle plays string 3 and index string 4. I absolutely can’t bend the middle finger enough and form a round shape with my ring finger at the same time.
    Could I use a similar chord with more easy fingering.

To come to your answer. What exactly did you mean when you suggested barring from third string?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew
    Keymaster

My suggestion was to omit string 4, such as:

null

You can use that same approach for all of the chords in this song. Omitting string 4 will make it much easier to play, but still sounds good 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

My apologies for the initial confusion, I thought you were asking about the 4444 voicing of C#m7.

surferjay
    Participant

I think (but best to wait for Andrews response) when barring chords instead of doing a complete bar and covering all four strings (which requires more pressure) you can just bar string 3, 2 & 1. So basically you are holding down the C, E & A strings and leaving the G open.

Andrew
    Keymaster

You want to be careful when playing an open G with some of these chords. It’ll clash horribly with a C#m7. It’s best to target 3 down when strumming and/or mute string 4.

richo_uke
    Participant

Thank you Andrew and surferjay for your answers. Now I understand and will give these chords another try. Perhaps I’m able to play this beautiful song after some practice.

Have a great weekend. Greetings from Germany.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.