Fur Elise too staccato

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Fur Elise too staccato

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ed_sanderson
    Participant

How do you get the first line, all on the first string to not sound staccato? I’ve been practicing it for about a week, and feel like my rhythm is good, but with all those notes on one string, I can’t get it to sound smooth.

I’m tempted to use reverb when I record it, but that does not help for live listening. And I have to hear myself play.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey Ed, Great question! Here is a short video on that subject. The gist is to keep finger pressure applied for the entire duration of the notes value. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

ed_sanderson
    Participant

Thanks so much Andrew. I thought I was holding them down, but as I slow it down I find it’s sounding better. Just a bit tricky getting from the seventh to the second fret without losing the ring. I’ll keep working on it.

I’ve also been playing around with doing that whole section on the 1st, 2nd and 4th strings. It seems to work, though it has its own set of problems.

Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure! This lesson might help on the reach issue. Let me know if I can help you on the second section.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.