First look at my NEW low G Kanile'a Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear First look at my NEW low G Kanile'a Ukulele!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Kaimana sent me this video of his dad, Joe, playing my new low G uke and it sounds and looks AMAZING! Check out the Milo wood back and sides! I’m excited 🙂

kanae926
    Participant

Wow, Andrew! What gorgeous wood! It sounds so beautiful. Can’t wait for your first lesson. ☺️

Congrats! 🎉

curlyuke
    Participant

How exciting! I find my low g uke much harder to play so that will be me frowning for the next few months!

lisadmh
    Participant

Oooh pretty. I can’t wait for the lessons! I’ve got a low G set waiting to be strung!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks guys! Our first low G lesson is gonna be a super special song with a twist! 🙂

Time to order up a low G string for one of my ukes. I’ve been meaning to. My tastes in music run more towards sad sounding rock (like Creep). It’s hard to sound sad with a “happy” high G ukulele. 😜

mheiden
    Participant

I love it! I’ve not heard of Milo wood- it’s beautiful.
    Sounds great too. I am ready for the first Low G lesson.
    What was your wood choice for the top?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Like Koa, Milo is indigenous to Hawaii 🙂 The top is curly redwood. I chose this wood combo as they generate warm, mellow tones – a great contrast from the brightness of my Koa Kanile’a.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I got it today!!! 🙂

View this post on Instagram

I got a new @kanileaukulele today!!! I love it, thank you Kanile’a. Here’s a sneak peak of an upcoming lesson by @evanjdesilva on #DanseMacabre! * * #ukulele #lowg #newuke #newukulele #kanilea #rockclass101 #ukerepublic #happy #blessed #excited #thisthingrocks #classical #classicalukulele #halloween #halloweensongs #camillesaintsaens

A post shared by Rock Class 101 (@rockclass101) on

mheiden
    Participant

Can’t wait for the first Low G lesson! Love your new Uke-

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks, Maureen! We have a very cool thing planned for the first song! Wish I could tell you, I’m super excited for it!

deadbuggy
    Participant

Congrats on the new uke! It looks and sounds awesome!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.