Fullerton Fender concert uke?

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Fullerton Fender concert uke?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dangar

I have a starter soprano uke and I’m ready to upgrade to a concert uke.
    Since I have a Fender Stratocaster sunburst guitar, I am definitely eyeing the Fender Fullerton concert Strat uke. Has anyone used any of the Fender Fulleton ukuleles in this series?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

I also plan to buy a low G for this one.

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi @dangar

I haven’t actually played one of these so please take this with a grain of salt, but the impression that I get from online reviews is that these are gimmicky and nowhere near worth the price. If I were going to spend that much money, I’d probably get a one of the cheaper lines from one of the K brands, like a Pono, and Opio, or an Islander. Up to you though. I’m sure it’s fine if you absolutely have to get something that looks like your Strat, although, come to think of it, there are a few companies that make fully electric ukuleles that would look even more like your Strat. I think Risa is one of them.

Robin

dangar

Robin,
    Thanks for your input. I’m a nut, so I went ahead and purchased the Fullerton Sunburst. I may have to drill some to attache a couple of strap pins… thank you YouTube for videos on that, LOL.
    Your insights have been assimilated. Resistance is futile.
    Dan the Man

kanae926
    Participant

Hi, @dangar.

I can see the appeal of the Fender guitar-style packaged into a uke, but I don’t think the sound quality is quite up to par to justify getting one. I agree with Robin. I don’t have any personal experience myself either, but the reviews I’ve seen/read have mentioned Fender making ukuleles for looks over function.

Have you seen this video review? It’s for the Telecaster version of the Fender Fullerton line, but it’s mostly the same build other than the slight design difference (I think). Here’s the written review that goes more in-depth.

If you can hold one and sample it in-person, that would probably help. I’m not sure if that’s possible right now with COVID restrictions pretty much everywhere, so you might have to wait. You might love it or be completely disappointed.

Keep us posted when you find your next uke! Better yet, show and sample it for us in a video if you can. 😉

-Kanni

lisadmh
    Participant

Your insights have been assimilated. Resistance is futile.

I’m just here to laugh at this. 🙂

I hope you like your new uke!

dangar

Robin and Kanae,
    I checked out the Vorson Quilt Maple S Style Electric Ukulele (with Gig Bag) online. It is very much more like the Fender Strat in appearance, but it is a solid-body ELECTRIC uke, not an acoustic/electric. Great price, but not what I really wanted.

dangar

Just a note to no-one in particular, but have to voice my displeasure “somewhere.”
    FedEx has apparently lost (mis-delivered) my new instrument and gig bag. Their tracking gave the exact time it was delivered today, to the minute. But it was not delivered to me. My wife and I were home all day (as we usually are since the pandemic began) with both cars in carport. With specific orders to leave at carport door. Their tracking says they did that, but I’ve checked all day, both doors, all around, no uke.

This is the 3rd delivery in a row FedEx has screwed up. UPS doesn’t ever have a problem. USPS doesn’t ever have a problem. FedEx must hire the dumbest delivery drivers on the planet, at least in my area.

I am so disappointed. Now it’s gonna take a lot longer to get the uke I really want.

kanae926
    Participant

Bummer about the faulty delivery. Did you ever get your uke or you’re still waiting for redelivery?

dangar

Kanae,
    Thanks for asking. No the Fullerton Fender Strat uke is still in the wind. It was never delivered to me. Probably some kid (or adult) is playing with a new toy and wondering if it fell from the sky. Sweetwater has the most wonderful customer service, so they have credited the full amount. I ordered a new Breedlove concert uke (see photo) because my friends here talked me in to going for tone and sound quality over a novel “look.” It is coming UPS (NOT FedUpx) and should arrive next mid-week. It was on sale at $125.00 off list and they even through in a free gig bag and uke stand for my trouble. Love these guys.
    I also plan to string a low G on this, and drill a new strap button at the base of the neck to attache a strap (already arrived). I did this with my cheaper soprano uke and love it.
    For more of this saga, please stay tuned. (See what I did there?)

kanae926
    Participant

Is that the myrtlewood Lu’au? Looks sweet! I’m not familiar with that brand but it gets a good review from Baz over at Got a Ukulele (whose reviews I read/watch a lot). Looking forward to hearing it when you get it!

-Kanni

dangar

Kanni,
    Yes, that is the Myrtlewood concert by Breedlove. It comes highly recommended.
    The folks at Sweetwater do a 50 point hand-on inspection of these instruments before they ship They sent me photos of the actual uke which is now in transit. The photo I posted above is the one.

robinboyd
    Participant

I know nothing about Breedlove ukes, but it certainly looks pretty!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.