Good Video on classical technique if anyone is into that.

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Good Video on classical technique if anyone is into that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    becky7777
    Participant

Thought I’d share this, although it’s again not for everyone’s taste I guess. It’s been on YouTube for 5 years from the post date, but with YouTube going bat-dung INSANE about copyright, comment blocking and de-monitizing bs now, it probably won’t be much longer. So enjoy, or not. 😁 It’s a good video though.

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by becky7777. Reason: Oops it started on my playlist sorry
    rickeymike
    Participant

Becky, I got thru 16 minutes. I’ll watch the rest later……. I just can’t get past those nails. LOL I wonder if anywhere in the video he says that nails that long are NOT necessary?

becky7777
    Participant

LOL! Ignore the nails Ricky! It doesn’t help the guy’s last name is Hand I suppose! 😂 And no you don’t need super long nails. That’s probably more a classical guitar thing because of the way the right hand form is.

Being able to hit a ukulele string with nail and flesh does help though if you want a certain sound. Tone? (Which applies to any stringed instrument i’d think.) Nail= crisp bright cold, flesh = warm muted & a kind of muddy?? (Not really muddy.. Don’t know how to describe it.) tone.

Flesh + nail sounds different then just nail, or just flesh. Andrew’s gone over nail/flesh stuff in recent feedback and in different lessons. Basically you don’t need to geek out on it, but it helps add an extra something.

No need to power through the vid either ricky, I think it’s over an hour long, and he plays songs in parts which he uses as examples of stuff. I just posted it because it had a lot of general info that was helpful to me, and made me go: “OH! I have a bad habit” since Andrew can’t fix me with sound samples. lol. (The relaxing thing was really helpful!! If i’m all tense it’s harder to play or concentrate and that wasn’t obvious to me.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.