“Great Value” Chopin

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing “Great Value” Chopin

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    firebladetim
    Participant

Wow that sounds great. Makes me want to try more classical finger style pieces.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@firebladetim, thank you so much! That really means a lot. I am starting to be pretty pleased with how it’s sounding, though it’s taking a while and will take much longer, but I’m okay with that because I love figuring out arrangements. πŸ˜…

There are so many great classical arr. here on Rock Class 101 that inspire me so much. They have an arrangement of Lacrimosa by Mozart, for one, pretty epic. πŸ˜… Steven’s arrangements on the site are some of my favorite classical arrangements for uke that I’ve seen. I say that because for me they set an example for what’s possible to do on uke and kind of a standard for quality that I hope to one day achieve. Anyway thank you! 😁

muzikmama
    Participant

That’s coming along, nice job.
    It amused me thinking while you were doing your Chopin arrangement for FI, I was learning how to play Humpty Dumpty for my broken ukulele video πŸ˜‚.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@muzikmama, hahaha!!! The contrast there is pretty beautiful, but I will say this arrangement is pretty simple. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… Thank you very much! Hopefully I can get at least that section written down pretty soon so I can share it.

I was going to say in reply to your comment in the challenge thread, that I thought you called the ornament a bauble, unless that’s for that specific kind of ornament. πŸ˜…

Also, I attached the balloon painting I did last summer. That conversation spurred me to take a picture of some of my paintings. πŸ˜…

muzikmama
    Participant

On checking, it’s just a general term apparently. Oh wow, I know immediately on seeing the balloon, it’s one of those metallic ones and not only from the shape. I have done very few drawings. I need to break out my paints and give that a go. I think you mentioned an art thread to Johanna. Perhaps possible if you make it ukulele related?

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@muzikmama, thank you so much about the balloon! I’m pretty proud of that one. πŸ˜…I created a thread for art in the forum “uke talk”! And I figured out a way to connect it to uke-playing (explained in the thread I created). πŸ˜‚ You should totes break out the paint! I think it’s cool to see the other artistic things people here do. You can share any drawings you have there, too, I’d love to see them! I’m sure others would too. 😊

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.