Gymnopedie no1

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Gymnopedie no1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    akukes73
    Participant

Last year Steven’s great arrangement of Erik Satie’s Gymnopedie no 1 was one of the monthly challenges, but my skill level wasn’t up to it. So a year later here I am and I have spent the last 3 weeks trying to learn this beautiful song. The positives are I memorised it all (hence the hesitations now and again when my brain went to sleep), managed a few rolled chords and a bit of dynamics and was feeling reasonably happy with it until the end when a wave of relief came over me for actually getting close to the end and so of course I stumbled at the finishing line.
    I tried several (many!) other attempts at recording but then there were mistakes elsewhere.

Anyway here it is..

janaq1
    Participant

I like your performance, @akukes73. And I admire that you mastered a rather difficult composition in 3 weeks.

akukes73
    Participant

@janaq1 thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement, I really appreciate it – still along way to go to mastering it 🙂
    Steven’s tutorial is so good, as are all of them on RC101, they are such great teaching resources.
    Have a great day!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@akukes73, this is so lovely! You captured the feeling of this song so beautifully.

Ha, I do that same thing; stumble right at the finish line when recording. 😅

But this is really great! Well done! 😊

akukes73
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard – thank you! Lately I haven’t had much free time for ukulele but am now trying to set aside regular time slots and set myself some challenges. I have really enjoyed and been encouraged by seeing you and others posting some great songs and arrangements!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@akukes73, that’s really good that you’re setting aside time to play every day! That makes a huge difference. Awww that’s so lovely, thank you! I am inspired seeing this song you shared, it’s quite beautiful. 😊

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.