Hello from Germany

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from Germany

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ferramar
    Participant

Hi,

my name is Markus and I live near Stuttgart, Southern Germany. I started playing about a year ago with an app called yousician and some youtube channels but I always got stuck with being bored about only strumming. Since I cant and refuse to sing this didnt make any sense to me…so I put my ukulele down a few times for some weeks.
    I think with this page I found what I was looking for and I am starting with the beginners again…I am totally happy with it, if its only the short jingle bells, at least it sounds like a melody 😉
    This way I think I can easily stay with it.

All the best
    Markus

nthibode

Welcome, Markus!

I’m Canadian but my mom grew up in the Black Forest area of Germany. We still have lots of relatives there! Im Moment lerne ich Deutsch, damit ich mit meinen Verwandten, einschließlich meiner 85-jährigen Oma, sprechen kann 🙂

Rock Class is a great place to learn fingerstyle ukulele songs. I think you’re doing great by starting at beginners — there is always something to learn with each arrangement and you’ll build up your skills with time and practice. Enjoy!

~Nathalie

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Markus! Glad you found us 🙂 Nathalie is spot on with her suggestion, but I too have a question for you. Have you gone to the Porsche museum?

ferramar
    Participant

Hey Nathalie,

thank you for your answer…and respect that was a straight A+ German sentence you built there!
    The Black Forest Area is really beautiful and not too far away from where I live, about an hour.
    Are you planning to visit your Grandma after Covid? The southern part of Germany is really beautiful, Munich for example is only 2 hours away from Stuttgart…

Markus

ferramar
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

no I havent been there yet since I am originally from the munich area but I sure will go sometime.
    I am not that big of a car enthusiast even though the Porsche is a really cool one…I have to admit.
    I had to lough that you are asking because I noticed the Porsche-Cap you are wearing in some of the videos…you must be a fan right?
    We have a lot of great car brands in the South, Porsche and Mercedes in Stuttgart, BMW in Munich…Audi isnt that far away, too.

Actually I already have a question if thats the right place…I am in the Beginners Lesson, from what level do you think it makes sense to go for the Challenges? After completing the Beginners?

Thank you and greetings from snowy Germany
    Markus

nthibode

Thanks Mark! A trip to Germany had been planned for May 2020 (to celebrate my Oma’s 85th), but of course we had to cancel due to Covid. We will definitely travel there once allowed! I’ve been there twice before, for my Oma’s 75th and 80th birthdays. You’re right, it is very beautiful.

Take care,
    ~Nathalie

Andrew
    Keymaster

Yep, I’m a big fan 🙂

For your question: I’d take a look at the easier offerings for each month’s challenge. Last month we featured a beginner series song, but this month the choices start at level 1 songs.

Don’t be afraid to try level 1. Even if you don’t learn the entire song, you will get better in the process.

ferramar
    Participant

Thank you Andrew 🙂

ukandrea
    Participant

Hallo Markus,
    ich denke, hier bist du genau richtig…
    Willkommen!
    Grüße aus LA, Germany 😉

smokealot
    Participant

Willkommen. Es lohnt sich dabei zu bleiben 🙂
    Nur mit einem richigen Lehrer wäre ich jetzt wohl weiter.
    Viel Spaß beim Erkunden und Lernen.

ferramar
    Participant

Danke Euch 😁

dirk55
    Participant

Hello Markus, nice to know that someone from my neighboring country is present in this uke community. By the way, you Porshe fans should try a Pinarello. Nice cycling with such a race monster, also in Black Forest. That’s what I do, besides practice my new uke. playing blisters on my fingers lol

Grüße aus den sonnigen Niederlanden

Dirk

ferramar
    Participant

Thank you Dirk 🙂

bibilele
    Participant

Hi Markus,
    hello and welcome from near Karlsruhe. 😀
    Bianca

sebi75

Hallo Markus, Grüße aus dem Sauerland.
    Stuttgart habe ich schon ein paar mal besucht, ist schön dort.
    Viel Spaß hier und LG
    Sebastian

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.