Hello from Germany :)

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from Germany :)

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Gaby.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gaby
    Participant

Hi!

Im Gaby and im from germany (so bear with me if my english is bad ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

I never knew that i wanted to play the Ukulele before my uncle gave me one as a birthday present a little over a year ago. It was meant as a joke, but i absolutely loved it from day one! Im not nearly as good as i should be by now, since i play the ukulele almost daily, but mostly i just stick to the stuff i already know, and play that over and over again :p

But i would like to get better and expand on the things i want to (be able to play) on the Ukulele. Being able to accompany a song with Chords is fun and all, and i love it! But i found that i really would like to be able to play melodies and “recognisable” Songs all by myself, without someone singing or me torturing my neighbours with a kazoo ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ive learned to play fรผr Elise from this page, and i really fell in love with it. So i am looking forward to learning new Songs but also new techniques and all in all get better at playing my ukulele ๐Ÿ™‚

I really would like to learn a little bit about musik theory as well, but teaching yourself a few Chords on the Ukulele is one thing, trying to understand (for me) complexe theory is another. But i am trying ๐Ÿ™‚

I love this site so far by the way! I just signed up as a premium member and i am already learning the first piece. It is really easy to get to so far ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome Gaby! Glad you found us and it’s awesome to hear you are enjoying playing that tune ๐Ÿ™‚ be sure to check out our guide on where to start and what to work on as it will help you with some of the things you pointed out; such as creating a structured practice schedule that works on different areas of playing and to show you where to start with learning beginner music theory: https://rockclass101.com/learning-paths/. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help!

Gaby
    Participant

Thank you, i will look into that ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.