Hello from Ohio

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from Ohio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    holly1

Hi all, I’m new to ukulele, but not completely new to music. I played the flute through high school and 2 years of college. (My oldest daughter played that same flute for her high school years!) I can play a little piano as well, but no real training except for listening in on my younger daughter’s lessons for many years (she started at age 4 and 16 years later still plays for fun.)

So I have never played a string instrument. I bought both of my daughters a ukulele for Christmas this year, and I would sneak away and play on it while they were home from college on winter break. After they went back to school, I went into Ukulele withdraw. LOL.

So I ran out to our local small violin & Ukulele shop and bought an Amahi African Burl Concert Ukulele. (as pictured in my profile pic). I can’t put it down! I play at least an hour every day. I have learned quite a handful of chords and strumming patterns and a few songs…. but I can’t sing. Ugh. I try, but let’s not kid ourselves. I would never want to sing in front of others solo. So I was getting stuck. What I really wanted was to learn songs for just the ukulele, and then I found this website! I signed up and have already gotten right into lessons. I now have a direction and purpose for my obsession! Wish me luck!

: ) Holly

becky7777
    Participant

Welcome Holly!

miztaken
    Participant

Welcome Holly – now you can learn what you want to, and join the other “mutes” (can’t sing).
    It is such a lot of fun, and the compositions Andrew teaches are wonderful.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Holly! Glad you found us and believe me, there’s a reason I don’t sing on our videos haha 🙂

marjorieb

Welcome here Holly 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.