Hello from Oz

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from Oz

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    aritee

Hi All, I’m Ariana from South Australia. I’m fortunate to still be in full time employment and whilst that’s a definite bonus, it leaves little time for practising the ukulele, so I’m rising in the quiet dark hours,and again in the evenings to maximise my learning.

I’ve visited various websites over the past year and have a fair knowledge of chords and strum patterns, but finger picking is the area that interests me most. I’ve only just discovered the rockclass 101 site and I’m so impressed with the depth of material. Andrew your teaching style is great, which is well paced for this relative beginner. I find finger picking to be very challenging, but the most enjoyable.

I look forward to learning from the many experienced submitters to this forum….so much to read, so much to do…so little time! I’m certainly not bored. Thank you everyone.

lisadmh
    Participant

Hi aritee. Welcome! It’s great that you found us. Have fun exploring.

Check out the monthly challenge. It’s super fun and motivating! 😊

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi from Hobart Ariana. There are a few Aussies on here.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Ariana! And thank you for the kind words 🙂

rjn1952
    Participant

Welcome aboard.

The fingerpicking lesson instructions are the best here on this site.

faggsrocks
    Participant

Hi Ariana
    I also live in South Australia Wilmington.
    Are you in that general area?
    Trevor

aritee

Hi Trevor, No I’m in Adelaide CBD. I had to google where Wilmington was! I’m sure I must have driven through there at some time. How long have you been learning the ukulele?

aritee

Hello Robyn, Thanks for your reply. I love Tasmania and have been there several times for visits and did a 5 week house sit at Wynyard at couple of years ago. I particularly like Sheffield, but there are so many stunning locations on every coast. Once the ‘draw bridge’ comes up again, I’m sure to visit again.

aritee

Thanks for your reply Lisa. I’ll check out the monthly challenge. Thanks for the tip – Ariana

robinboyd
    Participant

Sheffield is nice. I often worked as a tour guide before the pandemic, so I was up there fairly frequently.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by robinboyd.
    martineuku
    Participant

Hello from Oz too, I fell in love with the ukulele when my son offered me one for Xmas 2017, it was love at first sight and the best present ever. I just discovered Rock Class 101 last month and I am so interested in the way you are teaching. I am a French teacher myself and the way I teach this language is the same way you teach how to play the Uke. Breaking down the language of music or the language of French to teach is in my opinion the best way. Your teaching, like mine, is based on understanding with simple explanations and that’s the key because one does not forget what one understands, the rest is a matter of reconnecting or practice . The more you do it the better your learning and your progresses are unavoidable. Also learning that way, is so brainy that we will hopefully keep the Alzeimer sickness away. We need to focus folks!!! We are One!
    Thank you providence for making me falling on Rock Class 101!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.