Hello from Santa Barbara

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from Santa Barbara

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rjn1952
    Participant

Just found this great site on how to play the ukulele and signed up. I am very impressed with the layout and how very well structured the lessons are. I’m a senior with very little musical background but Andrew’s explanations are super clear and easy to follow.

rjn1952
    Participant

P.S.

Can anyone recommend a video camera to use to post videos of myself to post on the forum?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, glad you found us 🙂 If you haven’t seen it yet, I’d recommend starting here with our lessons.

As for your question, most folks just use their smart phone’s camera.

And if you ever need help on the lessons, don’t hesitate to post questions on the forum. Happy to help!

recdog
    Participant

Hi,
    I grew up in SB and still consider it my second home. Did you happen to see Taimane when she was there in October? You found a great site!
    Ron

ukandoit

Hello @rjn1952

As Andrew said, if you have a camera in your phone, try it, it could do the job. But i know senior’s phone does not always have one and are not always made to stand straight without being kept in hands, so..

Here is a quick youtube video about cheap cameras reviews:

I hope it can help you

rjn1952
    Participant

I’m new to this site so not sure if I’m replying to recdog – but if so, I did not see Taimane as I just returned 2 years ago, after living in Los Angeles for 35 years. But grew up here before moving to L.A.

rjn1952
    Participant

Thank you to ukandoit for the info on video recorders. I appreciate your suggestions.

I think I’m replying to myself – not sure.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.