Hi Friends in Uke!!!

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hi Friends in Uke!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dianeb

Hello all……I have been playing the ukulele for 6 months now and loving it. I’ve played the guitar since I was 7……hate to admit it but that means 57 years!! I love these little things and carry one around every chance I get and make excuses
    all the time to just be able to sit and play one…..I’ve caught a bad case of UAS and it doesn’t seem to subside even after I’ve ordered another uke and still waiting for it to arrive. I will post proof that ukes do grow on trees soon. Looking forward to sharing experiences together.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by dianeb.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

What did you think of the transition from guitar to uke?

dianeb

Hi Andrew,
    Just found this reply to my post. Sorry it has been so long since you asked. I found it extremely easy to transition to use as far as playing chords. Of course at times I do play guitar chords when I am not concentrating and then I’ll just mess myself up and can’t remember anything.. Because there are many guitar chords that have the same fingering…. like G7 on uke and D7 on Guitar or F on Guitar and Bb on Uke. Its tough breaking old habits. The thing I have the most trouble is remembering the position of each individual note so I’m just reading the tablature rather then reading the music. I feel bad that I’m not using my knowledge of reading music and just reading the tabs but thats all I’m able to do right now….any suggestions on working on that? I love working on your fingerpicking songs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.