It's A Girl!

Home Page Forums Uke Talk It's A Girl!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

Break out the cigars. It’s a girl. Her name is Grace!

becky7777
    Participant

LOL! Congratulations on your new addition.

It took me a few days of relentless playing to get used to the concert spacing, but the ability to play in a fret rather than the wood past 12 was nice!

What brand did you settle on?

lisadmh
    Participant

Congratulations Rickey. She’s beautiful! When do we get to hear her??

mheiden
    Participant

Congratulations Ricky! She is beautiful–

rickeymike
    Participant

Thanks.
    Her first performance will be at the end of the month. I still haven’t registered for the Jan. Challenge. I’m looking through songs and lessons as we speak.

Becky, It’s the Fender Concert Signature. So, I had to call her Grace. ha.

Andrew
    Keymaster

LOL 🙂 Congrats, Rickey!

kanae926
    Participant

Congrats, Rickey! I’m so glad you found your new baby! Looking forward to hear how she sounds. 😁

miztaken
    Participant

Welcome Grace!!!!
    I look forward to seeing you perform!

Gorgeous girl, Rickey. Have fun with her.

rickeymike
    Participant

Strange how things work out. It was the very last one that I played. Stranger still was even though I try to avoid signature stuff like NIKE or Polo apparel, my two favorites were the Alvarez Grateful Dead and GRACIE. But I was not about to go back to the other store and play the Alvarez again. Just whipped out the CC and got out of there. Like shopping for a new Auto….Blah. haha

lisadmh
    Participant

Maybe it was the last one because you stopped searching as soon as you found her. She was yours!

LOL, grateful dead, I can’t quite see you playing that.

Now, Grace, I can see. Here’s a video of Grace playing the same uke you got. No pressure, but I know you can do it!!!

lisadmh
    Participant

P.S. How are you doing with the size? I just started messing around with my as of yet unused low g tenor on Bourée and the uke is freaking huge. My fingers keep landing in the wrong frets. They say we’ll adapt, but it’s giant.

It’s outrageously fun to read standard notation on it, but I think my reading is better than I sound considering the fret size issue.

rickeymike
    Participant

Lisa- Hey that’s my picking speed. love it. And she’s playing it on MY Gracie! I’m having to adjust. I’m missing the fret a lot when I’m not looking. I have to look at my left fingers constantly at this point.

becky7777
    Participant

Nice Ricky! Can’t wait to hear her! I just may go back and get the Dead uke in a couple months. I keep thinking of how nice it sounded kind of warm and smooth compared to my current one.

rickeymike
    Participant

Becky Go for it. The Dead uke had a very good sound to it and the price is right!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.