Ki Ora from New Zealand

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Ki Ora from New Zealand

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    arlena57

Hi All.. Arlene here.. New Rockclass 101 family member… I have not played any type of instruments since the final stages of primary school in 1970..i have always preferred the peace and quietness of the outdoors, but it was the outdoors, that actually introduced one to the Ukekele. Whilst out camping, the campers parked opposite to us where playing. A lovely mellow sound, I was hooked.. Hence I am here.. Looking forward to learning as a beginner.. At the moment my dog is not enjoying my Uke..

miztaken
    Participant

Hi @arlena57
    Welcome to RC101 from and EX-Aucklander, now devoted Aussie (sorry about that)!

One day your dog will enjoy your playing 😀
    I am sure my cat does now… when playing certain tunes eg. my arrangement of Brahm’s Lullaby, he will come and sit on my lap. Or…. is he trying to shut me up?!?!?!? ;D

There is SO much to learn here, and so much frustration and joy in achieving your own milestones.
    Follow the learning paths to start off, try and practice daily, enjoy yourself and BE PATIENT.
    Get a strap for your uke because it makes it so much easier to hold, aim to buy a second uke one day ‘cos “you’ve just gotta be able to play both high and low G tune because the arrangements are sooooo good”, and we want to do everything” :D, and prepare to contract UAS (ukulele acquirement syndrome – a terminal condition).

And have fun, every day.

arlena57

Hi @miztaken…well I will have to give 2 black marks against you.1 for being an ex Aucklander and 2 for being a devoted Aussie. Lol. Thanks for your reply and encouragement and great tips.
    Yes Rock class 101 looked the Best online class to join, hands down. I really liked Andrew’s presentations and gentle mannerisms. Looking forward to starting the beginners course. Will be great to finally understand how to read music, learn the rhythms and styles etc etc. Cheers from the Best side of the ditch. Ha ha

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome, Arlene! That’s an awesome story! And I’m glad you found us, too 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi from across the ditch. I love playing my uke outside too.

arlena57

Hello @Andrew…thank you for my welcome to your class. I hope I will be a good pupil. lol. Your courses look Awesome and professionally set out. Have spent all afternoon looking over the entire structure provided by Rock Class 101. I think it will take me all year to get my head around everything, which will be right up my alley, as I like to take my time and not rush thru things. Thank you for providing an Excellent learning forum, which has lead me to want to learn to play this amazing little musical instrument. Cheers

arlena57

Hi @ robinboyd… yes will be cool to play the uke in the outdoors in the future. I don’t think my neighbours would enjoy my playing at the mo. hehehe. I have a ways to go, but determined to win out in the end. I did manage to play a few bars (picking) of God Defend NZ for ANAC day. My bubble friend said they could tell what the tune was. lol. Thank you for saying Hi.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.