koaloha old and new models

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear koaloha old and new models

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    anirbaf
    Participant

by any chance, does anyone own or happen to be knowing the feel of the old koaloha models (2015 and earlier (with the koa fretboard) and the new models from 2019/2020?

my dilemma is that I tried a koaloha in early 2020 and it felt AWESOME. I didn’t buy it at the time because I didn’t have the money. now I stumbled over a (not so much used) 2015 koaloha and well I jumped the gun and bought it without seeing it.

aaaanyways it felt different and I am not quite sure if it is due to a different build or because I tried the one in january in a nice shop full of good smelling amazingly awesome and not-cheap ukuleles^^

the thing is, after I’ve been playing it for a few days it DOES feel quite good and plays amazing. I am still not sure because I was expecting that initial spark that I got from the newer one (I know it sounds like I’m talking about a love relationship 😀 😀 ).

so by now it’s mostly a money issue. I’ve been saving up for this for almost a year and I could afford a new model as well. Am I deceived from the new ukulele = better ukulele idea? or is this real?

I do by no means collect ukuleles, why it is no option to save up for a second one.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Kanile’a changed their neck size in 2016. I think I talked about it in this video.

They became thicker, whereas the old ones were the opposite (like my K-1 from 2015). I’m on the same boat as you, it comes down to preference in which one you like more.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.