Low G string change problem

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Low G string change problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shmu88
    Participant

Hello!

I just bought an Aquila Low G string (red series if it matters) that I just put on my “cheap” Soprano uke and I’m having problem with de tuning…it looks like it’s always going out of pitch just watching it (as if the tension on the string keeps decreasing every second). I think I did everything right as far as installing the string on my Uke (I watched many videos on how to do it properly) so I don’t know if that’s normal for the string at first? Does it settle after a while? Does it mean my knot at the bridge isn’t tight enough? Or that the string doesn’t fit my uke?

Help Please!

Thanks

Sam

justmealso
    Participant

I have low G red line also. It does take awhile for them to settle.

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi shmu88 – do you have friction tuners? It sounds like you a have loose friction tuner…

smokealot
    Participant

While I was looking for new strings the Aquilla Red Series came up too and seeing your question I remember reading something about them needing a special treatment compared to other strings.

They say it here: https://aquilacorde.com/en/shop/modern-instrument-string-sets/ukulele-banjouke-en/red-series/

Attention!
    The Red Series strings must be stretched by your fingers in a gentle way. Not too much. The settle up in tune in 2-3 days.

shmu88
    Participant

Thanks guys for the advices!

annemarie
    Participant

Thanks for the 5 Strum Patterns lesson, Matt. It’s really fun to play! What is the chord called when you fret the whole second fret? I unintentionally did this while practicing but I kind of like the sound of it so I alternate to this mystery chord in the ghost note section.

smokealot
    Participant

What is the chord called when you fret the whole second fret?

That should be D6

D Ukulele-Chords G-C-E-A

annemarie
    Participant

Thanks,smokesalot!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.