My first gig!

Home Page Forums Uke Talk My first gig!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

I did it!

I played at our office holiday party. I had a set list of 14 songs- 12 RC101 and 2 originals. I made mistakes, but not all of them were noticeable. For example, I played an extra half theme of Red is the Rose because I screwed up a transition, but nobody there would notice.

Everyone chatted all the way through, and there were about 20 people there, so I wasn’t even sure if my little acoustic soprano was audible. I could barely hear it. But after they said it was plenty loud. I said great,so you could hear my mistakes. They said we didn’t hear ant mistakes. They seemed to quite enjoy it. Yay!

I said I was a beginner and they said no, you’re NOT a beginner. Woohoo! Rock class makes us sound so good. 😁😁😁

What a high!

miztaken
    Participant

You are amazing!!!
    Well done.

You must have done extraordinarily well – people usually find some way to find fault “constructively”.
    Be rightfully proud of yourself, for a huge step in your playing and performing.

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks miztaken! I certainly didn’t do perfectly but I think it was good enough.

One of my fans requested AC/DC. So I’m checking out the video for Thunderstruck and nope, I’m not requesting that of Andrew. Jeeez, level 20 for sure. I’m appreciation some songs in a different way these days.

zukulele

Great job lisadmh!

mheiden
    Participant

Really cool Lisa! What was on your set list?
    Did you bring the music or had you memorized everything?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Congrats! Please say there’s video!!

lisadmh
    Participant

I left the set list at work but I’ll type it out tomorrow. I had everything memorized. I had my tablet there just in case I totally froze but I didn’t even open it. I was impressed when I went through and listed what I can actually play. They’re piling up!

There might be a few seconds of video, but not much. I’ll check on that tomorrow too.

Thank you Andrew for all you’ve taught me on here! I realized today just how much I’ve learned in less than 2 years.

And thanks to the rest of you for being such a supportive crew!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by lisadmh.
    ukukelley1
    Participant

Good for you! Congratulations on your courage and uke skills! I’m sure you added significantly to everyone’s enjoyment of the party. Way to go!

becky7777
    Participant

Congratulations Lisa! Love your signs too! πŸ˜€

curlyuke
    Participant

Yay! Well done πŸ‘

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks guys! My set list in order was…

1. Beginner blues – did well
    2. Etude 12 – did well
    3. Etude 1 – did well
    4. Red is the Rose – skipped the hard theme and did a weird half theme repeat but it wasn’t noticeable to anyone who didn’t know
    5. The Sunshine Rain – an original I’ll share here soon. Did well
    6. Uke blues – did well
    7. Seven nation army – skipped the high theme as I struggle but not noticeable if you don’t know
    8. Here comes the Sun – got stuck in a weird loop in the final theme but not noticeable?
    9. Title Pending – An original. Did well
    10. Waimanalo blues – did well I think
    11. Ode to joy- did well
    12. Allegro – slow but did well
    13. St James infirmary – did ok. It’s a tough one
    14. Etude 13- did well

lisamcc
    Participant

Well done Lisa – that’s awesome! πŸ˜‰

Gaby
    Participant

The set list is really impressive! Especially if you have memorized it all, AND played it in front of other people. Im still learning to play in front of family or the microphone, let alone people from work. Well done! πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.