My first original song !

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing My first original song !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    soraya06
    Participant

I have been playing the uke now for over four months and i am completely smitten πŸ™‚

I love to learn new songs and skills here at rockclass 101 ( shoutout to andrew for doing such an amazing job !!) and am very eager to make progress and become the best ukelele player i can be.

In the light of pushing myself to learn new things i decided yesterday that i wanted to write my own song….et voila ! Here is the result and i will call it ” the dancing clouds ” Lol !

What do you guys think ? I love to hear your thoughts on this song !

For anyone who was wondering : I play a Pono ATD with living waters strings in low G

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by soraya06.
    • This topic was modified 5 years ago by soraya06.
    stinyuke

Wow! Very cool song! And I love the name of the song as well! πŸ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

Very beautiful, keep writing! You have a great talent πŸ™‚

soraya06
    Participant

Thank you so much @stinyuke for your encouraging words, i am so glad you like it πŸ˜ƒ

soraya06
    Participant

Aaw thank you so much @andrew !!! That is so sweet of you to say πŸ˜ƒ

I will definately keep on writing, i feel there are a lot of songs tucked deep within me that want to come to life ✨

richo_uke
    Participant

You just play for four months? Unbelievable.
    Great melody and picking pattern. I really like it.
    Perhaps you would like to share it?

miztaken
    Participant

That is so pretty, and soothing.
    Damn, it’s good.
    Can’t wait to see what else you have hidden in that head of yours….

lyndallk
    Participant

That is beautiful. So much atmosphere and it really creates imagery of clouds dancing. And well played

soraya06
    Participant

@richo_uke yup it has been only four months of playing the uke but it feels a lot longer hahaha πŸ™‚
    I must admit i have been a tad obsessed over these past months to learn as much as possible and have been pushing myself out of my comfort zone constantly. In the first month of playing i decided i wanted to tackle “moon” by Taimane cause i love that song so much.But of course its insane to want to play it when you just barely learned all the standard chords LOL ! But i went for it and eventually nailed it after a lot of hard practice πŸ™‚ I feel that is the way to really learn very fast,just set the bar ridiculously high for yourself and choose songs that are way above your skill level and have lots of fun learning it !

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback πŸ™‚

I would be honored to share the song with you ! It has some unusual chords but i’ll try to explain them and hopefully it comes across

The song is played with a low g string and the picking pattern is a standard 4231 the whole song through πŸ™‚

The first two chords are variations of the C chord. The first one is a standard C with the addition of the 4th string on the second fret. I’ll call it Cadd2 for the convenience

The second chord is a C with the addition of the 4th string on the first fret.I believe that chord is called Caug

So these are the chords to the first part

Cadd2 Caug G7 C7 F A7

Second part

Cadd2 Cadd2 plus the addition of the first string 5th fret
    Caug Caug plus the addition of the first string 5th fret
    G Dm Am G Dm Am

third part

Fmaj7 G chord on the seventh fret ( i believe its a C then )
    Am AmM7
    Fmaj7 G chord on the seventh fret
    Am AmM7 Am7

fourth part

Cadd2 Cadd2 plus the addition of the first string 5th fret
    Caug Caug plus the addition of the first string 5th fret
    G7 C7 F A7

Cadd2 G Dm Am Cadd2 G Dm Am

I hope this helps ! Let me know how you get along with it and i would love to hear your own interpretation of this tune πŸ™‚

soraya06
    Participant

@miztaken Thank you so much for the huge compliment. I am really so happy this tune resonates with you πŸ™‚

My head is really overflowing with melodies lately so there are plenty of songs that are waiting to be written πŸ™‚ As a matter of fact i have created a new tune today inspired by the magic of spring, I will try to upload it one of these days πŸ™‚

soraya06
    Participant

@lyndallk Thank you so much ! I am really glad to hear that the tune conveys the story i intended to tell πŸ™‚

richo_uke
    Participant

Wow, Soraya06,

I’m more than impressed. You already manage to play MOON!?! Unbelievable.
    I love this song so much and after a while of hesitating I decided to start trying but haven’t finished yet because the rhythm is far beyond my level. I’m a slow learner though I had a time when I practiced very much. But I love the beginning of this song and I can play that and this makes me happy too. So from time to time I will continue and in the meantime I try to learn easier songs.

THANK YOU for writing down your song for us. How kind of you. I gave the first chords a try – then listened to your version and mine sounds different. Perhaps I misunderstood something but I will try again later and hopefully find out what the problem is because the picking pattern is not so difficult and should be playable for me.

Once again thank you for your answer. I really do appreciate that.
    Keep on writing such lovely music.

Greetings from Germany
    Rici

himawari20

I really like this song. I would learn it.

soraya06
    Participant

@richo_uke I hear ya ! Moon has a pretty challenging rhythm. What i did is learn the song piece by piece and looped it constantly until i got that section down.THat way it doesn’t seem like this unsurmountable hill you have to climb πŸ™‚ I drove my hubby to insanity repeating those sections all day long hahaha !!

You are very welcome ! I am all about sharing, cause sharing is caring πŸ™‚ and i think its pretty cool that you guys like the song enough to want to learn and play it yourselves !

Did you already figure out the mishap in the first part ? Do you have a low G string set up on your uke ? Cause i can imagine if you would play it with a high G it would sound pretty off.

soraya06
    Participant

@himawari20 Thank you so much πŸ™‚ I have written down the chords and picking pattern in one of my previous posts if you want to give it a go !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.