My Lil’ Arrangement

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing My Lil’ Arrangement

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Heeeellllooo, uke friends! 😊

Just wanted to share with ya this song I’ve been working on for a while. It’s suppose to be Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver but in a “classical” style. I shared this on my lil’ YouTubes channel but wanted to share this here because I like to share what I’m working on with my “friendios” here. That’s a word. πŸ˜…

I wrote a long, rambling description of the song on the video itself, as well. πŸ˜…

I hope ya like it! I know there’s more that could be done to it, but for now I’m pretty happy with it. 😊

Thank you if you take the time to listen!

leb397
    Participant

@the_bumble_bard
    Hello friendio! I agree, a beautiful classical piece. Love your consistency in picking. That is difficult and you have mastered it. Great showcase πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ¦„

Andrew
    Keymaster

It’s very pretty sounding! Well done!

robinboyd
    Participant

Nice work!

rebeca
    Participant

You’ve done a fantastic job with the arrangement.
    You do have good ear. Amazing rendition as well. I specially highlight the right hand. super smooth!
    Lately I’ve been specially interested in classical tunes. I usually play Spanish Romance. Picado fingerpicking leads to a classical music feeling, so that was a great inspiration. Thank you for sharing, not only your performance but also the process. That helps a lot!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, thank you so much, friendio! πŸ˜…πŸ’• I hope the song is also John Denver-y enough as well, along with the attempted classical feel. Thank you for kindly saying I mastered the fingerpicking consistency; that’s probably the thing I’ve done the most on uke since I first started playing because I just love how it can sound and how it feels. Thank you so much for the kind words. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

@Andrew
    , thank you so much!! That means a lot coming from you. I’m so happy that you listened to it and liked it. I feel like you and the community you created is arguably the reason this song exists. So, thank you. πŸ˜…

@robinboyd
    , thank you kindly, my friend!! 😊

@rebeca
    , thank you so much!! I really appreciate all the kind words. I love classical music so much as well. Before joining RC101, I had never heard the song Spanish Romance before, but fell in love with it immediately as well. The interesting thing about trying to create this arrangement is that I had to ask, “what makes a song classical?” I’m sure there are technical things you could list for sure, but for me that was interesting to ponder.

The main thing I think this recording missed was that I didn’t quite capture the emotion I wanted, because I was so nervous. And also I was really annoyed that I messed up right at my favorite part where the major melody begins. You can kind of see that in the video. πŸ˜‚

Anyway, thank you so much, I can’t even say how much I appreciate all the encouragement from everyone here. It has meant so flippin’ much to me. Thank you! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

gi_gi_
    Participant

Wow 🀯 This is so beautiful @TBB you are so talented. What’s your YT Channel’s name?

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Gah, thank you so much, @gi_gi_! It’s so kind that you say that. My YouTube channel is also The Bumble Bard. πŸ˜… The video in this thread is connected to it, but it’s: https://m.youtube.com/@thebumblebard

I’m pretty sure it only has songs I’ve also posted on Rock Class right now, though. πŸ˜…

Thank you again! 😊

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.