My OHANA Solid Quilted Eucalyptus CK-450QEL

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear My OHANA Solid Quilted Eucalyptus CK-450QEL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    miztaken
    Participant

My new uke arrived today!!!
    It is stunning, beautiful and was snatched out of my grasp by my beloved husband to be put away for Christmas!
    Damn.
    I only got about 1 minute to admire it, but after MUCH whinging – he gave it back to me to hold and love for 15 minutes, as long as I didn’t tune it or play it.
    It is now in it’s case, locked with the key well hidden (my suggestion because I would be tempted).
    …Can’t wait for Christmas day…

kanae926
    Participant

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

It’s a beauty! I can see why you tried getting your hands on it early. πŸ˜‰

Looking forward to hearing you play it! I bet it’ll feel and sound so amazing! Congrats!!

Oooo, pretty!

robinboyd
    Participant

It’s beautiful!

becky7777
    Participant

Love the santa picture holding it! It’s the perfect size for him!

Make sure he doesn’t hide the case keys too well though! Can you imagine him forgetting where he hid them? πŸ˜‚

miztaken
    Participant

@becky7777 I know he hid them in the lounge while I wasn’t looking… I am sure I can find them πŸ˜€

miztaken
    Participant

CONFESSION TIME:
    I found the key, and have spent the last 40 minutes trying out my beautiful CK-450QEL!!!
    It is astounding, with amazing sustain, a beautiful clear sound, unbelievable volume.
    It sounds as good as it looks – I am seriously in love.
    Mike put Living Water strings on it, which are a bit of a pain at the moment because they currently go out of tune every minute while they wear in. But, when in tune – they really are lovely strings.

It sounds so much better than my Kala tenor, which I will now have to pay to be set up properly – because now I have standards πŸ˜€

I just have to work out how to fit in some more sneaky playing time – husband goes to office two days per week, BUT daughter is due back from Bali in a couple of days πŸ™

I am bad, but the instrument is so good, it is worth the sin.

curlyuke
    Participant

Miztaken, you are sooo bad! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

lisadmh
    Participant

Lol, so bad but yet so good! Glad you love it.

lyndallk
    Participant

What a lovely uke! Lucky you. I wonder how often it will be played before Xmas?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.