Nice thing happened while practicing at the park

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Nice thing happened while practicing at the park

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    biggoomba
    Participant

I like to take my ukulele with me to work and over lunch I head to my favorite shaded park bench to practice.

Most of the time people ignore me which I don’t mind at all. I am usually practicing a part of a song so not much fun to listen too.

Today, I walked down to the park – picking up a taco to eat on the way. Am trying to learn City of New Orleans (Colin Tribe version) and not making much progress so played around with it.

Eventually I got bored and played a song I knew well and am decent at. As I finished up – a lady walked up and asked ‘Was that Ave Maria’. I told her it was and she said ‘well that was very nice, thank you very much for playing it.’

Normally I don’t pay a lot of attention to complements – I play for myself because I enjoy it not so much for other people.

Today though, for some reason, it felt nice and I really appreciated it. So – good uke day today I guess.

I was most surprised that she recognized I was playing Ave Maria on a ukulele 🙂

carollaj
    Participant

Awesome! Always nice to be complimented, you must play well:)

Andrew
    Keymaster

So awesome! Love when that happens 🙂

richo_uke
    Participant

Hi biggoomba,
    I would like to play this as well as I love this song a lot. I checked this site immediately after reading your post but I did not find it here, so my question, have you had a tutorial for this song or how did you learn it?

Though I didn’t hear you playing I would like to leave my compliments.
    And by the way… it’s a really cool idea to take your uke with you when going to work… 👍

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.