Original tune – Progress and low g

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Original tune – Progress and low g

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

I’ve been gradually tweaking my original tune. It works on low G, So here’s my first low G song! It doesn’t do much with the g but I’ll take it.

I posted a while back but since then I’ve added more variations, more notes, and some slides because slides make me ridiculously happy so why not. I’ve gotten complemented twice on this tune when messing around in uke stores. That’s super fun.

It’s still pretty basic but maybe up to a level 1 now?

How does one name a song with something not cheesy? I’m stumped.

deadbuggy
    Participant

I love this!!! Congrats on a wonderful composition. And I think Title Pending is the perfect name ๐Ÿ˜‰

Andrew
    Keymaster

Pretty, Lisa! I’ve thought about having a monthly challenge that was “share your originals” themed. Maybe we should do that!

deadbuggy
    Participant

Andrew — yes, please!!!

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks both! That would be an awesome challenge Andrew. ๐Ÿ˜€

Andrew
    Keymaster

Cool! We will for sure do it next year!

rickeymike
    Participant

The Lisa Slide

mheiden
    Participant

This is great Lisa! Very cool that you wrote your own piece.
    I can’t wait to do an original piece as well!

lisadmh
    Participant

Sliiiide, so fun. ๐Ÿ˜€

Mheiden, give it a try. I have no idea what I’m doing and I’m a beginner. I just played around with patterns and basic chords, trying some frets that I notice Andrew uses a lot. I gradually built it up over a couple months from a basic chord progression to something that sounds like a real song I think. It’s basically G, C, G, D chords with a few other things thrown in over time.

You can do it!

becky7777
    Participant

That’s awesome! It’s upbeat and perky. If it were me and the feelings it invokes I’d lean towards ‘Morning Coffee’ or ‘Morning Stroll’ as a name. When you’re playing it, think of where it takes you, how you feel, and what you think about. It does ring the bell on how I feel getting my first coffee though. Happy- upbeat – perky – mood lifting (yeah yeah I suppose perky IS a coffee pun lol but my feeling stands mostly pun free ๐Ÿ™‚ )

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks Becky! Every name I think of is morning this our that, or something like that. ๐Ÿ™‚

rickkhan
    Participant

Love it. “Waking Monday Morning”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.